Custom Competition Quick Draw Holster

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by TheGuyver, Mar 14, 2006.

1. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

I have an idea for a competition quick draw holster that uses the Picatinny rail on the M-A1 for retention. Do you guys know if there is anyone out there that would be able to do a custom order out of high impact plastic or aluminum?

2. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

If youre talking aluminum, any good machinist could help you out, and it may not be considered a custom thing as much as a gunsmith might charge you the same job....

3. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

I was hoping for a custom holster manufacturer, that can machine alluminum, or cast Polymer frames. Mainly because they will have an idea how to to the paddle. A machinist will have no clue.

4. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

Actually, I agree, polymer would be better, but I don't want it tight, I want it with about .1 or .2 mm play, I have designed spring loaded ball bearings into the holster, that ride in the recoil groove, in the rail, to actually retain the holster. I hadn't thought about covering the trigger guard, as the weapon would not go into the holster until you are ready to start your round, but maybe I could add a guard. Food for thought.

5. IDPASteyr

IDPASteyr New Member

If you want it to be a competition holster in IPSC, it will have to cover the trigger guard to be legal.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

The crspeed holster is a nice option. I have one that I use for my XD, but have never tried one of the Steyrs in it. I will have to try that when I get home today.

7. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

Let me know, and if the A1 works, how bout a link to a web sight that sells it, or a Brand/model #. I'm getting nothing when searching for crspeed.