Custom Carry Concepts

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by heavymetalmachine, Sep 30, 2007.

1. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Ok I got some free time so I thought I would give another lame attempt at a review :)

I had called and talked to Rich about a settable cant Big Taco. I just told him what I wanted and he came up with all the rest.
    I was surprised when I got it at how much thought did go into this. He had done some things I never would have thought of.

1 The indentation for the Chicago screws

2 The piece fitted at the bottom for the barrel to grip.

3 And on and on :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is a super holster and well worth the doh :wink:

Now for the TAC1.

It is also SWEET. I have not taken it off since my pistol came in :)

Workmanship is great on all of his stuff. This thing fit's nice and snug. Easy to adjust.

Not much more to say it is GREAT!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now for the mag holder...

Simple in it's design.

Clip on left or right hand. Inside or outside.

Made very well. Nice strong clip..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All I can say to sum this up is ''please won't you try his product'' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now for real this stuff seems to be made to last a lifetime. The 1/8 inch Kydex is some tough stuff and the clips don't give.
    None of this seems to be lacking thus far.

Rich THANKS again for all the work you have done for me. Sorry for the pic's I am no photographer :shock:

2. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Holy moly, Batman, that BigTaco has got more cant holes in it than a piece of Swiss cheese. If you can't find a position you like from that, you aren't trying very hard.

[​IMG]

I'm thinking that might even work for small of back, as well as left hand (in my case).

I've already got four holsters, but I do believe luvmy40 has got my next one already in his plans.

But first, my new M9-A1 and then the completion of my "baddest tactical pistol" plans. Don't go out of business, luvmy40, I'll get to you sooner or later, hopefully sooner.

Nice work on the holster review, hmm. :mrgreen:

3. heavymetalmachine

4. luvmy40

luvmy40 Member

heavymetalmachine,
    Thanks for the kind words.

I'm not sure that I would recommend wearing thios rig as a concealable, small of the back set up.
    The retention is excellent but without the extra security of full cover on the slide, there is a chance of knocking the pistol loose from the holster. I did some " shock testing" (jumping jacks with at the extreme forward cant setting). The pistol never came loose but there was some shifting. And, it would not be hard to see the possibility of catching the grip on a chair back and releasing the pistol or some similar scenario.
    $.02

Once again, thank you for the review.

Netfotoj,
    Call any time. Remember, Steyr club members recieve a 10% discount on the web store. Coupon code "SteyrClub".

5. heavymetalmachine

No I will NOT use this as daily carry. This is just for me at the range. Well maybe X-draw at home as well...

I may be calling about one that will be :D A settable cant full face is probably next :wink:

Keep up the good work...