Custom Carry Concepts 'Cling-On'

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by TheGuyver, Sep 26, 2007.

1. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

I ordered the Custom Carry Concepts 'Cling-On' OWB Holster for my birthday, this morning.

Everything was great till it asked for my CC #.... The browser did not reflect that it was a secure connection, via the little padlock at the bottom of the browser window. Ok, so I did the print and call option.

I haven't heard back from rich, after leaving a message, so I've written a check, and I'm ready to put in the mail.

Invoice #1126 Rich, if I'm not doing what I should and I need a money order or something. I'll stick it in the mail after work if I don't hear from you.

I'd like the option of calling and giving you my CC#, if that is available.

I thought about the BigTaco, but I don't compete, and would rather have the more secure retention of the Cling-On. In any aspect, these things ooze quality... and I'm really looking forward to recieving it, and ditching my 'fits all' Uncle Mikes.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

This probably would have been better handled w/ a PM to luvmy40 (Rich)...

3. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

I wasn't complaining... just thought I'd mention it when I was telling you guys I got one.....

Reviews should cover everything IMHO, from ordering, to function, to fit and finish.

Speaking of which, Rich called about 30min ago, took the CC, and will be working on it tomorrow, trying to get it finished to mail Friday, but no guarantees, hehe. Murphy's law plays a part in that I'm sure... :p

He has no idea why the browser didn't display the secure icon, but assured me it was indeed secure. Maybe it's because I was on a Company PC, using IE 7, behind multiple fire walls. /shrug.... He said that he uses Mozilla, and everything seems fine... including the security icon.

He is a great guy, and discussed several ideas with me... one of which I plan on having him build for me later... He is a true profesional.

4. luvmy40

luvmy40 Member

TheGuyver,

Thank You for the order.

I just spoke to my web hosting services. They said that IE7 displays the "secure" icon in a different spot on the browser, at the top near the URL line. This may be all it was. He also assured me that the store page and CC page is secure.
    The entire store shows secure on Mozilla Firefox.
    He also said that if it is not just the new icon location location, that it is more than likely a setting in the browser that is not allowing the icon to be displayed. This does not make the site "un-secure" it simply does not display the icon.

If you continue to have similar issues try contacting Micro Soft or checking the tech support page at MS. Your Base Tech support may even be able to help.

Thanks,
    Rich

5. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

Strange.... the secure DoD web sites I go to display it at the bottom..../shrug

It's all good though.

6. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

Man, this has been a fiasco.... no fault of CCC though.

The PO put the holster in the wrong box, 1006 instead of 1066, so after tracking it down and calling the guy on Thursday, he still hasn't brought it back. The Post Master said to give him a few more days... arghhhh!!!

7. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

Ok, I got it finally, and it's worth the wait... it just oozes quality.

I got the version with the FBI cant, and it is barely visible under a shirt due to the way the holster wraps around you.

The holster was a little hard to draw from at first, but a cleaning and lube later, it's much better.

Origonally I thought the flared belt holes was a little toyish, from the pictures, but after holding it in my hand, I have changed my mind.

The only drawback is that storage of the weapon inside the holster, takes more space than I had, at the time, in my safe, it's just a little odd due to the curve, but the benefits of the curved holster on your hip, far outway that. I only note it for posterity.

I'd recomend this holster to anyone, whole heartedly.

Retention, a concern of mine due to a lack of a thumb strap, is surprisingly nice. I held the holster upside down, and shook it pretty hard 4 or 5 times. The weapon remained in the holster nice and snug......very snug, yet once on my hip, I can draw it pretty quick, but it will get better with use, as it has already.

My final score for this holster, for fit and function, is 9 of 10, but for value.... 12 of 10 :p

http://www.boomspeed.com/guyver/Steyr003.jpg

http://www.boomspeed.com/guyver/Steyr004.jpg

8. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Looks like Rich came through again 8)