Crossbreed customer service is A#1, still most comfy holster

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by ThaiBoxer, Sep 4, 2007.

1. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

I bought the first Crossbreed for Steyr, in fact I located the Blue Gun and Mark ordered it so that he could make my holster. Then, I cut off the top piece of leather and filed some Kydex down from the trigger guard area. I did both things so that I could get an unimpeded grasp on the gun. And it was the the most comfortable IWB I have ever owned or tried. Held the gun perfectly. Wore it for about 1 1/2 years. It developed a crack on the Kydex, as a result of me filing down the area, I think. Just taped it to stop furtehr stress and kept going another 3 months. Took it camping, and when I was putting the very cold holster on in the morning, snapped a J hook.

Mark has long since beefed up the J-hooks as his business grew. I told him I wanted the new ones and new Kydex, that I had modded it and I was probably responsible for the crack, and definitely for cutting the top. Told him I'd pay what he wanted, just get me the new hooks and Kydex front.

He sent me a new tuckable IWB, with the Kydex modded the way I wanted, and the leather cut to free the thumb and still shield the slide. No charge.

It is absolutely perfect. It is is astoundingly comfortable, and vanishes. It draws very fast. The J-hooks are as meaty as the CTAC type I have.

If you need an IWB, take a long hard look at Crossbreed.

2. rosebud

rosebud New Member

I was going to buy one, but I asked and they don't support the M-A1 yet, sadly.

3. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

I think that you should ask again. The Crossbreed holster I received for my MA1 fits and has the rail shaped and everything.

4. rosebud

rosebud New Member

That's odd, I just asked them last week. Can you put up a picture of yours that I can use to show them what I want?

5. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

No time to now. I'm looking at it, and it has the rail indentations. I may be able to take a pic, upload and post later.

6. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

OK, Mark is right, the holster is made off the M series. These pics were shot quickly, w/o screwing around much to get optimal ligting etc.

Here is my MA1 about to go into the holster:
    [​IMG]

Here it is in the holster:
    [​IMG]

Here it shows the rail marks from the M series. I did warm the base and flair the bottom out a bit when I got it so it wouldn't catch on the tip of the rail. It was barely catching when I torqued forward on a quick draw. I think you are OK. I know I am with mine.

[​IMG]

7. rosebud

rosebud New Member

Sounds good, I'll be ordering one then.

8. rosebud

rosebud New Member

I got mine today, took less than 2 weeks from order to recieve. It is quite comfortable, much better than any other IWB I have used.

9. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Thanks!!

The body shield looks kinda big does it get in the way when you grip the pistol??

10. rosebud

rosebud New Member

I didn't even notice it until I was comparing my picture to the ones above here, actually. I know that I wouldn't want the part behind the slide to be smaller, because it keeps me from being annoyed by the sharp edges. If i ever notice a problem with the leather or kydex in the grip/trigger guard area being too large, I'm sure I could send it in with some marks and have it cut down for free or cheep (assuming I didn't just do it myself).