Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another day at the range and more disappointmen. Each time I shoot my M9 another problem occurs. Locking up a fraction of an inch out of battery and light primer strikes not firing are the latest problems.

Matches

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm starting to think lemon.

I've been trying a varity of ammo. Last trip it was Olympic, Remmington, and a few odd WWB and Blazer. The WWB was the 1st 10rns and was no problem. 5 rounds into the 2nd mag it jammed up out of batter really bac. I had to take it to the burly gunsmith to get it unjammed. The Blazer was the end of a box from 3 months ago (worked fine then, but so did the pistol) and was the primary culprit on the weak primer hits at the end of the day. At this rate the pistol is spending more time getting taken apart and being cleaned that being shot. Limp wristing is a posiblily as it was getting late and I was getting tired after the trek to the smith iand back to the line in the 100 desert heat.

Then again I do seem to have a bad track record with most things mechanical. Maybe I got some Gremlins I gotta exercise.

Matches

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got about 1500 round thru this M9. The funny thing is it worked great out of the box. The problems have only started after the pistol was cleaned after that first outing.

Matches

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I just read about the "hydro-lock" on MrBruceWayne's thread about his M357. It sounds like it may be part of my problem as I did you a liberal amount of oil before my last session. Now I'm trying to work up the courage to try and take apart my M9 per Cort's tutorial to try and rectify things. I'm just affraid I wont get things put back together or cause more problems than I correct.

Matches

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New Development

With the slide locked open, if I slam a magazine in the slide goes into battery. I know others have reported this same condition. My M9 did not used to do this. I checked when others first reported this happening to them.

Matches

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Brass Confetti

While field stripping, cleaning, and trying to dry out the firing pin/channel I did come across flecks of what I must assume is brass. When the job was done the action seemed stiff,like something was catching. I could not figure it out but upon inspeciton of a few rounds I cycle thru I have notied scrapes or minor gouges. The go from middle of the actual bullet all the way down the side of the brass casing. This would seem to be a logical source of brass flecks but I have no real idea what would cause it. My knowledge of weapons anatomy is really limited.

Matches

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I've been unable to access this site since last week. I went to the range yesterday, loaded up, took aim, and click... nothing. Cleared round took aim, click. My M9 was mute. I was really pissed. The firing pin was not moving at all. I finished off a brick of .22 and left early to take the pistol back to the shop.

The proprietery took a look and happened to see some poking out by the FP. He managed to take it appart (now that I have seen it done I am confident I can do it) and a small piece of brass was found. It looks like part of a primer, round and flat and of the same size. It was too late and hot to go back out the same day. I am hoping to get back out tomorrow or Friday. I am hoping things go significantly better. Otherwise I am curious to see what Davidson's will to service this weapon.

Matches

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Last nights thunderstorms dropped the temperatrues here to below 100 so I went back out to the range and things definitely went better. My M9 worked, though I had several jams, I believe those were ammo related (reloads). I fired about 10 rounds of Olympic and the pistol would not go into battery. Upon inspection I found another brass piece (primer disk/piece). I switched ammo to Remington. There were no apparent problems with the Remmington UMCs I ran through the pistol.

Matches

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.