Considering PT Night Sights

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by matt13, Apr 13, 2007.

1. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

Could someone please post pics of their PT night sights? I'm considering getting a set but am having problems finding pics of them.

Also, how hard it is to change them, diy style?

Edit: Does anyone know if any of the Sure Sights will fit on a MA1?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

They do not charge to install - you send off the slide and they get it done. See my pictures here:

v1.0 and v2.0

3. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

Expect a long turn around time if you send them to PT. I had them install my PT's and their CS is horrible. I was told 2 weeks and it was a lot longer than that to get my slide back. Their CS is horrible at answering emails and they lie to you on the phone. This was my experience, but YMMV.

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Their customer service does suck, and Jerry Ling isn't the most pleasant person I've ever had the "joy" of speaking with (no offense and YMMV), but I'm satisfied with the product. They were quoting 2 weeks door to door when I sent mine off and it took 3, so I wouldn't say they're god-awful. All said and done, I would still recommend them because the install was very clean and quality of the actual sights is exactly what I was expecting. And they have more sight configurations than you can shake a stick at - virtually all you can think of in a lot of colors most manufacturers do not offer.

If you do go with them, mention the discount code "69steyr" and I think you will save $10 or something...

5. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

System works if you just send off the slide and wait. Customer service isn't great, but let's be clear, it's not Botac-level sh8t... so ymmv.

[​IMG]

6. Ektelon

Ektelon Guest

Talked with them today and the price for members is still $69.00 plus $12.00 shipping no installation charge ... mailed my slide today, will keep up as to time factor ...

7. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

I'm trying to avoid having to send my slide in as this is my only firearm ATM. I'd REALLY rather not be without it for three weeks or so. lol

Thanks for the pics Thunderbear!

Syntax, I did look at your posts but you don't have a good aiming view.

8. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Ya - we weren't really trying to show off the sights... We tried our best to get the night sights, but it's incredibly hard to get all the sights in focus enough to be able to tell what you are looking at. Thunderbear did an excellent job capturing the sights.

9. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey Matt13!

See if You can't find a good Smith in Your area. For about $20 You can get 'em installed. FYI, I have night sights on my Sig P226R, my Sig 1911"TTT", my USP Match Clone(not installed, yet!), and my Springfield M1A SOCOM has tritium front sight, but none of 'em are as bright as the PT sights on my M357-A1! :shock:
    _______
    mugdava

10. clemsonsteyger

clemsonsteyger New Member

How long did it end up taking? I talked to a local gun smith and they install for $20 bucks. I think it's worth it to not be without my gun for 3 weeks.

11. Greg F.

Greg F. Guest

12. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Sorely tempted, but I just love the practicality of the trap sights.