Concealed carry in the open?

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by Netfotoj, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Haugen Handgun Leather has an interesting idea, if you're willing to go pretty small with your concealed carry, think Kel-Tec P3AT .380 as the "large" limit.

[​IMG]

Shown is the "Python" flap model, also available in black or brown "Shark", mahogany, brown, medium brown, dark brown and saddle tan, $79.95, plus $50 for the "exotic" flap colors.

Now it they would upscale the size to a PF-9, I'd be interested. But what do you do at the office or a social event when somebody says, "Hey buddy, let me borrow your phone?"

"Sorry, it's broke. I'm just carrying it around to look important."

2. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Looks Kinda like a change purse....

3. DocChronos

DocChronos Premium Member

4. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

[​IMG]

I think we just turned right

5. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Thats just to funny :lol: :lol:

6. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Hmmmmm.......

Since Republicans are generally more conservative and religious, shouldn't Church ST be facing right, and Gay St facing left for the LibTards that support them?

:think: :think:

....just a thought.......

7. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

It actually looks like a half decent idea but man he really could have thought out some of those names....I mean can you imagine....all your friends are sitting around talking about guy stuff and walk up and say "hey check out my mufti"

:shock: :shifty: :whistle: :D :lol: :roll: :snooty: :naughty: :party:

8. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Thanks for the link, Doc. Can you recommend any of those for pocket carry? I'm using a generic Uncle Mike's and the top corner of my PF-9 prints somewhat in my pants pocket. Nobody has noticed or at least commented if they have noticed, but I'm thinking I should upgrade. Some of the pocket holsters on that page have a front plate to do a complete job of hiding the print, but it seems that would increase the width and also look like I sure had something big stuffed in my front pocket. You've been carrying "church guns" a lot longer than I have so I'd appreciate any recommendations you'd care to make. :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

9. ToadWhisperer

ToadWhisperer New Member

babj615 Wrote:
    "Since Republicans are generally more conservative and religious, shouldn't Church ST be facing right, and Gay St facing left for the LibTards that support them?"

Hey babj615, if Liberals are LibTards wouldn't that make Republicans ReTards?
    Just a thought from a gun toting Liberal.

O.K., let the dog pile begin :p I know I'm sightly out numbered here.

10. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Very Nicely Put!!!!

:wink: :wink:

11. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

:clap: :party: :notworthy:

12. Seven

Seven Premium Member

Toad, lemme just say you ain't the only one here. 8)

And I actually have a very nice "Pocket Defender" from Kevin at K&D Holsters for my S9. It's rather amazing what you can hind in the front pocket of "cargo" pants . . .

http://www.kdholsters.com/pd.php

Seven

13. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

I prefer to think of it as a MetroSexual combo change purse/makeup kit/hloster.

14. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

or

"European men's carry-all"

15. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Ordered a pocket holster for my PF-9 from Don Hume Leathergoods slightly longer than forever ago and it finally arrived. Fits well in front pocket and doesn't print as much as the Uncle Mike's pocket holster I have been using. Word of caution, if you order a lefty like I did, don't expect it anytime soon. It's a right-handed world out there.
    [​IMG]
    That's my home-made double-clip holder, cut down from a eyeglass case, and my Sunday Gerba folder. Ready for the Colorado church shooter. :D

I was slightly hopeful the Don Hume holster might perform a magic shrinking trick and allow me to use it for a back-pocket holster. No magic. The PF-9 is just a shade too long to conceal in a back pocket. However, try this out.

[​IMG]
    DeSantis has a new back-pocket holster call The Trickster, which will work with .380s such as the Kel-Tec P3AT or new Ruger LCP. Fits like a wallet. But I'm just not willing to go down to .380. I feel just barely armed with my PF-9 and prefer to carry it for a backup, not as a primary like in church. But those of you who like .380s, this would be a good way to go. :D