Steyr Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Are these links still valid? I keep getting errors when I try to open them.
They work for me....

Do you have adobe acrobat installed?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are these links still valid? I keep getting errors when I try to open them.
Unfortunately i have agree with xaztec these links are down or not valid as of right now, and i do have adobe acrobat. Also tried finding the root site, with no avail. Possibly babj your temp internet cache still has the file? Is there anyway we could put these MA1 guides in the tutorial section so that this server would have a copy?........

forgive me if i overstep any boundaries this is my second post.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've seen the disassembly guide on the main page. I'm having a problem removing the disassembly lever from the frame on my MA1 .40. I align it with the guide line and it pops out about a 16th of an inch and then stops. I've pulled on it fairly hard and even tried lightly prying it but it wouldn't come out any further. Admittedly, I was afraid to pull or pry too hard because I didn't want to break it or scratch the frame. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
106 Posts
Acetylene and a sledge hammer. Don't worry it's a Steyr.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I've seen the disassembly guide on the main page. I'm having a problem removing the disassembly lever from the frame on my MA1 .40. I align it with the guide line and it pops out about a 16th of an inch and then stops. I've pulled on it fairly hard and even tried lightly prying it but it wouldn't come out any further. Admittedly, I was afraid to pull or pry too hard because I didn't want to break it or scratch the frame. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rick
A few members have reported a little trouble getting a very tightly toleranced disassembly lever removed from the frame the first few times they try....

...either just keep working it in and out, rack the slide a few times in between (make sure no magazine or ammo in weapon), and it will eventually come out....

...or use a large flathead screwdriver (covered with a cloth if you are super worried about a scratch) and slide it under the lever, then ROLL/TWIST the screwdriver side to side until it pops out....

Make sure your slide is in FULL BATTERY as well.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Lift up on the slide catch/release, this removes tension from the spring that hold the lever in place. Then a little wiggle & pull should get it out. :)
_______
mugdava

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
^ What mugdava said... Also, if it still fights you, I've had success using a small plastic punch and a hammer from the other side - just don't bash it too hard. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
babj615 - I'm disassembling the pistol. The slide is already off so racking the slide or making sure it's in full battery does not apply here.

mugdava - That did it...well, actually the opposite of that did it. I pushed up on the slide release lever but that didn't free it up so I pressed it down as far as it would go and it let go of the disassembly lever which slid right out. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Sorry guys, I left the info up for over a year. I believe one of the admins took my info and turned it into a PDF file for you to use.

I shut down my site due to legal reasons. Once those issues are resolved, I'll bring the site back online.

Thanks again for the good words.

-Cd

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Good to hear from you Corbin! Hope to see your site again soon!:)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sorry guys, I left the info up for over a year. I believe one of the admins took my info and turned it into a PDF file for you to use.

I shut down my site due to legal reasons. Once those issues are resolved, I'll bring the site back online.

Thanks again for the good words.

-Cd
I don't see it any where...can someone PLEASE produce a slide disassembly PDF or website or whatever.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
21 - 40 of 43 Posts