Competition Holsters

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by irishsteyrfan, Aug 28, 2006.

1. irishsteyrfan

irishsteyrfan New Member

I will have my 1st pistol - M-A1 9mm (9x19) shortly.

I have been going mad 8-O trying to source a decent holster for competition use - speed holster maybe and speed mag holders..

There is a lot of holsters mentioned in this Forum but majority seem to be IWB.

I would love a Blackhawk SERPA Holster but I don't think they make them for M-A1s..

Can anyone make some suggestions?

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I think Blade-Tech makes all or most of their products for the M9A1. Check them out - IDPA approved. I have an IWB UCH. My thread here has a picture.

3. armored

armored New Member

I bought a Grandfather Oak(http://www.grandfatheroak.com) Kydex belt holster for my M9A1. I did a little tweaking and now I'm VERY happy with it. For $35.00 delivered you can't go wrong!( I would order the FBI cant if I were to do it again) I bought a plain old Uncle Mikes dbl mag holder for my mags, Works plenty good.

4. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

i saw a grandfather oak holster and it's definitely a good start. very good quality. ESPECIALLY for the price.

i would stand it off farther from my belt to get more of my thumb in there.

it's already illegal for idpa competition, so i'd read up good on the ipsc rules and get max distance from hip.

5. armored

armored New Member

You will be IDPA legal if you order the belt loop model. The model with clip on will stick out too far.

6. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

oops. my bad. i only saw the clip model.

when i think competition holster, i think hanging way out there.