Comp-Tac

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by Shooter, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

If any of you have ever had the pleasure of wearing a CTAC from Comp-Tac all day I think you would wish they made them for Steyrs.... I just got mine for my Glock IWB and even with a huge G20/21, the carry was easy and comfortable all day...... :D I talked to the GM / JB about what it would take to have Steyr's made and he told me at least 10 holsters a month...... I volunteered to send him one of my m-9's but he doesn't have an FFL and doesn't want one, as you can imagine the guff from ATF..... :roll: Anyway, they are located in N Houston and he did say he could whip up one if I stopped by and left it for a few hours.....but if there is a better or "just as good" IWB......PIPE UP.......I'd like to know.
    JB did say he gets about one request a month for a Steyr.....It was easier to reholster into my CTAC then it is my Blade Tech........ :wink:

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I think the Blade-Tech is a better holster. I have both (although the C-TAC is for my USPc .45), and much prefer the UCH for longterm wear and general comfort. Their lead time, however, is a deal-breaker for a lot of people. You should give them a try. :D

3. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Is the UCH the IWB of Blade Tech.....????? :lol:

4. madecov

madecov Active Member

Comp-Tac has a dummy M series.
    I gave it too them.
    They have to do a lot of hand work on the M as they are not set to do production. It is a special order.

5. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

they didn't seem particularly thrilled to manufacture......... :? it sounded like there was something that made Steyr's difficult to "snap" in.....

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Yes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

I found FIST also had an IWB that looked very thin..........I know some folks here liked their FIST holsters.....

8. madecov

madecov Active Member

Using an actual dummy gun (polymer frame) requires that the holster be made 100% by hand.
    Very time consuming and difficult due to working with hot Kydex.

It's not the easiest thing for them to due and slows them down immensely.

9. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

So they could make it easier with a real gun ??

10. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Nice knife............I love those overgrips for Steyr.....they make the gun feel more perfect in my hand........ 8)

11. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

EMAIL HIM! I just emailed Comp Tac, and they're willing to make them if we create a demand for it! I want one, so email them! :twisted:

12. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Well, i talked to the GM their and he was less then enthusiastic about it....they don't have any guns to make the model of and a replica is costly
    so I don't know if that will happen..................i want one too........ :?

13. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Syntax, I finally said to hell with waiting for Comp Tac, and ordered a UCH, how long did yours take to get to you?

14. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

4-6 weeks......mine took about 6weeks........that's my gripe with BladeTech......and they don't care either.......

15. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

I'm OK with that, my FIST took about that long, so did the Blue Line Paddle. Thus far the quickest was the AKJ Concealco Readyline. That sucker was here in a week and a half. Thumbs way up for AJ.

16. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

how did you like the FIST?

17. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Since it was my first decent holster, I loved it. It performed a wide variety of tasks, and still holds up today. But over time, the retention wore out, and the holster collapsed when worn without the pistol, making one handed reholstering impossible. If I were going to order another leather holster from FIST, I'd order a hybrid kydex/leather, or at the very least, make sure it had a holdopen reinforcement.

For quality custom holsters fast they're very hard to beat. Customer service is great, but the website and ordering process is a little outdated. Still, good product, great variety, great service. I'll buy another one, one day.

18. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

I'm thinking of trying their Kydex FIST IWB...a little less money and should be able to replace the retension/belt parts when necessary.......

19. Steyrfish

Steyrfish New Member

Comp-tac Holster

I emailed Comp-tac about holsters for the MA1. On Feb 13th, they replied that since they had several inquiries recently, "That being the case I will look into building a mold for one. It may take several months before I can get to this project. I wish I could be more help, J.B."

20. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Re: Comp-tac Holster

JB is the GM......he's the one i talked to. It sound like he's changing his tune........that would be nice, I love their holsters for my Glocks...........