CHL class finally finished

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by fnewendaiku, Sep 22, 2007.

1. fnewendaiku

fnewendaiku Guest

Well, I did it... Got that class done, passed the shooting with the Steyr (243/250), passed the written with a perfect score. Now all I have to do is send in all this damn paper work. Then there is the wait.... I need to find things to do in the mean time :)

2. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Congrats and welcome to the Club CCW. How long do you have to wait?
    Do you have your CCW holster picked out?

3. fnewendaiku

fnewendaiku Guest

Well, they say that I have to wait 60 days, but I'm thinking I may get it sooner. I have blade-tech uch on the way.

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

It took 62 days to receive my plastic AFTER I received my PIN from Austin. The wait can be grueling. In the meantime, come check out Texas CHL Forum. :)

5. fnewendaiku

fnewendaiku Guest

I saw you (edit* i thought it was you, but it wasn't. sorry) replying to a guy from NC who took the same class I was in. Saw the post a day or two before. Nice guy... Sat next to 'im

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

In VA its 45 days and that is exactly when I get mine every time.

7. Good call on the Bladetech UCH damn good holster of the A1 series.

I've had my M40A1 as my CCW and nightstand pistol for some time now. As soon as the SA1 comes out and Bladetech makes a holster for it I'll probably switch.

8. fnewendaiku

fnewendaiku Guest

Well, finally got the plastic in about a week ago. Interesting carrying my M357A1 with me. I'm just glad the card came in. Now I can stop checking the mail every day (you know.... bills...)

9. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Congrats!!

You lucky so and so :lol: :lol: :lol:

How long was the wait for you???

I have been waiting 8 weeks now and still no sign :x

10. fnewendaiku

fnewendaiku Guest

from getting my pin and getting the plastic, it only took about 3 weeks. maybe 2. I wasn't keeping track really. but i sent in the packet of info on the 22nd or 23rd of sept. and got it on the 15th last week.

11. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

I got mine in about 45 days as well. This was my second CCW. My first one was in '96 and we were only allowed to carry what we qualified with. Now TN can carry anything.

MTS