Check out my new HBE Com3

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by Flashpoint, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Flashpoint

Flashpoint New Member

Here it is.
    [​IMG]

Here is another pic.
    [​IMG]

I'd say it does the job of helping to conceal the weapon quit well don't you?

Ok, here is a pic to show that I really do have something in a holster under my shirt.
    [​IMG]

I'd have to echo what every other review of Eric's work has said. This is a well made holster with a tried and true design. The straight seems, smooth edges, and well molded form speaks of the time and skill put into making this holster.

Here, let me show you.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I must say that the holster does everything it suppose to do. It stays put with very little shift, as the pictures showed above it works very well as a tuckable. The Com 3 has really good retention, almost to the point of too much, but I think that the more I use it the retention verses smooth easy draw factor will equal out. Re-holstering is easy especially since it doesn't have a reinforced mouth. The quality of the leather and the molded shape of the gun seems to be enough to hold it open for holstering.

I could probably go on, but I wouldn't be saying anything that you haven't heard before so I'll end by saying this. When I need another holster I'll holler at Eric.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Well.....nice review and thanks very much. Ill add something about Steyr guns and retention in leather holsters. The shape of the frame above the trigger guard makes proper retention a very tricky thing with these guns.
    If you really mold it like other guns...yould never get it out. Interesting dilema for a holster maker. Anyway......Thanks again.
    Shoot well

3. madecov

madecov Active Member

Eric, let us know when you can make for the A1. Right now there doesn't seem to be anyone making for the gun.

Maybe if you contact Steyr USA. I understand they will send a dummy to any bonafide holster maker.

4. Flashpoint

Flashpoint New Member

I never really thought about it, but now that you mentioned it I could see how the curve could cause a problem.

BTW Eric, feel free to use the pics if you like.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Help Us Out!

The holster looks great but help us out as to how to get in touch with Eric and how much it's going to cost plus (shipping & handling). Also if the holster bought fits the M would the S model fit as well with a little room to spar in the bottom.

UTCCOP

6. madecov

madecov Active Member

S series guns will fit in an M series holster
    M series guns seem to fit in an A1 series holster
    A1 Series will not fit M series holsters

7. Deluxe247

Deluxe247 Supporting Member

Re: Help Us Out!

His site is: http://www.hbeleatherworks.com/

-D

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Nice. The COM3 is my favorite HBE holster.