I was reading up on extraction issues and saw the 1911 plunger spring fix, but lacking a spare 1911 plunger spring I came up with a really cheap and easy way to increase tension on the extractor. I went to the local auto parts store and picked up a 3/32" O-ring that was about 1 3/4" in total diameter. I then removed the extractor and cut a piece of the O-ring to the same length as the extractor spring and inserted it inside the extractor spring. The 3/32" diameter O-ring is a perfect fit inside the extractor spring. I began the task of "fitting" the extractor spring O-ring combination to the slide. You need to cut the O-ring to where you can just get the extractor into the slide by pushing in fairly hard on the spring/plunger. My O-ring ended up being about 1/8" shorter than the extractor spring. Once installed in the slide, the O-ring material acts like a polymer spring inside the coil spring. I used a large diameter O-ring, because I didn't want any curve to my short cut off sections. Where before I was getting a FTE every magazine, I went 300 rounds today with no problems, and the brass was landing about 3' to my right consistantly. Any questions you have, post up and I'll try to answer or clarify anything I missed or wasn't clear about.