CDNN Now Sells M9/M40-A1 to Californians

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by nixon, Aug 27, 2007.

1. nixon

nixon Member

Attn: Steyroids from the State of Cali !

Just got the latest CDNN catalog in the mail and was surprised to see a calif ok stamp on the MA-1 model if you don't already know. They probably realized how big the market was in California to ignore.

Nix,

2. Dag

Dag Guest

CDNN

Hi nixon

It looks like the Steyrs are the only pistols they'll ship tp CA. I saw a couple of revolvers, but no other pistols. Hopefully there will be more to come. I also noticed they aren't listing prices. Any idea what they're asking? Thanks for the heads-up.

Dag

3. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Dag,

You must have been looking at the downloaded catalog 2007-5???

I have the paper version [came in the mail] and it has prices in it, not just "CALL".....

:?

4. brain3278

brain3278 Guest

Re: CDNN

in the catalog its listed at $350 for either an M9-A1 or an M40-A1. I think prices are cheaper for 3 or more.

5. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

Prices would be nice but am glad to see that CDNN is including pistols in their online catalog again.

They had removed the pistol pages from the downloads after the Virginia Tech massacre.
    It suggests that folks are less worried about irrational negative fallout on the firearms industry.

Hopefully Steyr will also be more comfortable promoting their pistols again and get back in the game.

6. mikey

mikey Guest

I noticed a few weeks ago that “Turner's Outdoorsman” (a big Southern California hunting/fishing chain) had M40-A1's on sale for $399. Pretty good price for out-the-door at a retail store. Presumably, they came with 10-round mags, though.

[​IMG]

Told my dad about it, but for some reason he didn't bite. Too bad; if I still lived in CA, I might have picked one up myself.

7. steyrile

steyrile Member

That CZ 75-40 looks pretty good too Mikey.
    I need check Turners out.
    Health, Peace
    steyrile

8. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Here are the Steys on the official CA approved list with the expiration dates: http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/
    S-A1 / Steel, Polymer Pistol 3.6" .40 S&W 2/8/2008
    M357-A1 / Steel, Polymer Pistol 4" .357 SIG 1/24/2008
    M40-A1 / Steel, Polymer Pistol 4" .40 S&W 1/24/2008
    M9-A1 / Steel, Polymer Pistol 4" 9mm 1/24/2008

Buzz (thanking his lucky stars he lives in the free State of Georgia)

9. mikey

mikey Guest

So, the California approval for the S-A1 series of pistols is set to expire just about when Steyr tells us that they'll finally begin shipping them to America? :?

Sheesh. :roll:

10. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Even worse the newer version of the S40-A1 has a 3.78" barrel if I remember correctly. If my memory serves me right, that would mean it needs to be re-certified for California, not just re-newed. :evil:
    _______
    mugdava

11. Greg F.

Greg F. Guest

For those in Ca. the sale at Turners on the M-A1 goes until Sept. 12th. It's featured in their fall catalog- page 22. http://www.turners.com .I got mine at their sale and get to pick it up this Saturday.

12. Dag

Dag Guest

turner's Ad

Hi All,

A couple of comments:

1) mikey's ad shows Winchester Ranger ammo (looks like 155 gr JHP, 40 S&W) for $14.98 a box of 50. Not a bad deal, but the 155 grain Ranger ammo is a very generic hollow point bullet, like the one used for White Box. It's not the Ranger Talon ammo. Still, not a bad deal.

2) On page 21 of the Fall 2007 Flyer, they're selling Magnum Research Baby Eagles for $499.98 (9mm, 40 S&W, 45ACP). I will definitely go down and take a look.

Enjoy!

Dag

13. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Slight reduction in the number of reasons for moving from Kaliforniacation.