CDNN M40 holster issue...

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by amonkey, Sep 13, 2007.

1. amonkey

amonkey New Member

Hey all,
    Just got my order from CDNN today. Super excited as I finally ordered a couple of mags and the $17.99 speed holster for my M40. Problem is, the holster is so freakin tight I can barely get the pistol in it. And I definately have to struggle to pull it out.
    I don't think I'm even going to try to loosen up the leather, it's that tight. :cry: I'm gonna email CDNN and see what they say.

Wondering if any other Steyroids had a similar problem. :?:
    [/i]

2. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Have you tried the wax paper trick?

I like to use 10 mil anti static bags I keep my records in.

Yup I said records :lol:

3. amonkey

amonkey New Member

Not familiar with that one :?
    What is the wax paper trick?

4. heavymetalmachine

Ok I had got a H.B.E. pancake for my 1911 and it was tight. So I talked to Eric and he told me to wrap the part of the pistol that goes in the holster in wax paper. Make suer the wax side is out towards the the leather. The wax will work as lube :eek: Slide the pistol in the holster and let set over night. I had to use something thicker because the pistol would slide in but I could not get it out. Now after I did this a time or two I stared holstering and upholstering to help break it in. Now it is a good fit..

[​IMG]

Hope this helps..

5. madecov

madecov Active Member

For a leather holster, a thin dress sock also works. It allows the holster to stretch just enough.

Sometimes just the plastic bag the holster shipped in is enough.

6. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

I got one of those desantis holsters and mine is great....did you loosen up the retention screw??? I had to loosen mine up but after repeatedly drawing and wearing my holster it has loosed up just great...

7. heavymetalmachine

:shock: :wink: Yup if it has a retention set up you may need to adjust it :oops:

8. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

I have used Leather Lightning from Mitch Rosen for tough cases.

9. jackpilot

jackpilot Guest

To cant, or not to cant?...that is the question. :D