CCW Time

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by DDSheffield, Dec 17, 2007.

1. DDSheffield

DDSheffield New Member

As I was looking through the forum at how long it took to get my CCW back, I was getting a little depressed. I turned my paperwork in on the 19 of November this year and was told that they were backlogged and it would take upwards to 90 days for me to get it back. To my surprise when I got home on sat the 15th of December there it was in the mail. To say the least Utah you are awesome. Less than 30 days.... Wahooo

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

I will be getting my Utah CCW next month....

....glad to hear it went smooth for you....

3. amonkey

amonkey New Member

All of you suck..., 'cause here in Illinois, God himself couldn't get a concealed carry license. I can't even imagine legally carrying a firearm. Under no circumstances can Joe citizen carry in Il. Though, I remember Chicago Aldermen used to be allowed, don't know if that's still true.
    Every once in awhile, a lawmaker starts the process for CC, and it gets shot down almost immediately. There are some towns, I believe up north by Chicago, that have banned firearms all-together (Morton Grove, for example) or require them to be licensed just to own. Plus having a Firearm Owners ID card, which only allows you to own, not carry anyway. :v
    No, No I'm not bitter, what would make you think that?

4. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Move.

:stupid:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Boy, you aren't kidding. I'm on vacation right now in IL and I can't wait to get back home to Texas - these laws are crazy! :naughty:

6. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

Move to Arizona! We need the help.

Open carry, CCW must issue after a test.
    Short Barreled Rifles, Class 3 full auto, destructive device and suppressors make you cool to talk to, not a threat, in the eyes of cops. :party:

7. Rick

Rick New Member

Passed the CHL tests yesterday (244/250 and 100) and mailed applications today :D According to the instructor we should expect at least 2 month wait - there are only 4 women at DPS processing applications.
    A funny thing, the guy that sat next to me came in with a Steyr and is left-handed like me -how small a world. I turned him on to this forum so we may have another member

8. texasfireman

texasfireman New Member

Mailed mine off Oct.23 was issued Dec.10, still waiting to recieve, they messed up the address, recieved letter in nov. with messed up address but license was not delivered returned to Austin. Thank you USPS Jan 10 they said I should have it this next week

9. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Good ol' U.S. Postal Service, another shining example of what happens when the federal guvmint decides they should get into the business of... well, business.

Here's a rhetorical question: Why do they call guvmint workers civil servants when they aren't usually civil and they hardly ever give any actual service? :mrgreen:

Civil servant = double oxymoron? :mrgreen:

10. texasfireman

texasfireman New Member

:D License finally came in Feb. 6. Went to range yesterday the 9th and put 200 rounds through my M40-A1 . Loved it , first time to shoot since it came in about 2 weeks ago.

11. DKHAN

DKHAN Guest

Just went through my renewal here again,every 5 years.
    Told me to expect a 6 to 8 week turnaround.
    Letter arrived 6 weeks to the day for pick up. I guess i should be happy ?
    Told the bride this was the last time I was going to be in the county
    f/renewal. Next time I'll be in a more friendly environment.

12. Rick

Rick New Member

Sent mine in 12/23/07 (earlier post) - checked on-line today and found out
    license had been issued :party: - should receive tomorrow or Monday. Would be really cool to get it the same day I get the holster from Rich - which I recieved notice today that it had been shipped. With this kind of a day, I think I will buy a lottery ticket tonight!!!!

13. chobee143

chobee143 New Member

I sent my application out on 2/19/08, it's suppose to take about 6-8 weeks since I did the finger prints electronically. Let's see hat happens, will keep you all posted.

T

14. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Where's the "more friendly environment" you're moving to, DKHAN?

North Carolina isn't as gun friendly as Texas or Arizona yet, but it ain't bad. We've got reciprocity agreements with 30 states, I can go from Florida to Pennsylvania and be "legal" all the way. :mrgreen:

15. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

"Civil servant = double oxymoron?"

Drop the oxy

16. Squid13

Squid13 New Member

That's odd. I'd think you'd have trouble driving through South Carolina. I know Virginia and Texas licences are no good there.

17. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Reciprocity means North Carolina permit holders have full rights in all 30 of the states on the list, same rights as a South Carolina permit holder. :D

18. ToadWhisperer

ToadWhisperer New Member

Glad I live in Montana, 1 week turnaround from the day I dropped off my application.