CCW laws possibly getting BETTER in MD!?!

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by smores, Feb 11, 2007.

1. smores

smores Guest

As a stark contrast to the "Maryland Assault Weapons Ban of 2007" (a.k.a - SB43), there is a bill going through right now that may actually make it easier to get a CCW permit in MD. Also, it has more sponsors than the AWB bill....

Here is the synopsis:
    More information as this develops. http://mlis.state.md.us/2007RS/billfile/hb0228.htm[/quote]

2. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Is hell about to freeze over?

3. smores

smores Guest

Oh, I forgot to update...

The hearing actually went pretty well, but of course it died in committee (like the AWB and Assault Weapons Tax.... thank GOD!). The Castle Doctrine bill also died in committee. Apparently this year had a lot more supportive people that showed up. NO ONE from the Brady Campaign, CeaseFire MD, or even the NRA was at the CCW hearing. For the MD AWB hearing, the ONLY people that supported that were paid lackeys from the Brady Bunch and CeaseFire MD. There were about 210 pro-2A CITIZENS there that called off work to come out and fight for their rights by testifying in front of the committee. We got Suzanna Gratia-Hupp to come and testify. Maryland Shall-Issue put together the effort to collect enough money to fly her in.

Maybe next year we can get a vote on it. At least it's getting better and better reception by the committee.

BTW, I drove from Frederick down to Dulles Airport yesterday via Rt. 15. Such a beautiful drive. I've been thinking about moving to the Leesburg area... it looks pretty nice!

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Keep up the good fight; although it is uphill in the Republik of Maryland.
    I would love to have reciprocity.