CCW in the People's Republic of Maryland!?!

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by smores, Jul 3, 2007.

1. smores

smores Guest

Well... I finally landed a new job as a security guard. :D

My employer handed me a bunch of forms and fingerprint cards today to get filled out. They want me to carry. In this state, that's one of the only way to get a permit. Oh well... I see it as a win-win-win.. get paid more to carry, get to carry, and get more experience for LE jobs in the future!

:twisted:

2. Goryous

Goryous Guest

Congrats, I bet it makes you feel a bit more secure hmm? 8)

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Congrats, bro! It's just like everyone said - losing your job was a bummer at the time, but it's opened up new doors and now it's on to bigger and better things. 8)

We better be hearing about your troubles finding a suitable holster to carry your Steyr in soon enough - don't let us catch you sneaking around a CZ for the job... :p

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Congrats.
    Especially given that it is the PRM, I presume you cannot carry off duty?

5. smores

smores Guest

I have no clue. I start training this Saturday so I'm sure I'll find out sooner or later. I would assume the same, but how would I get from home to work and vice versa, just keep the gun and ammo locked separately, get to the job site, take the cases inside, tuck everything in, then go back out to the car with the boxes? I dunno... I'd assume as long as you're on the way to/from work you should be able to carry.

I have no clue... but then again I'm still pursuing the police job (it takes a while to get everything done) so at least it's something good for the resume, and if the police job doesn't hold up I'll have something to do to build my skills.