CCW in Indiana

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by xjrat, Dec 26, 2007.

1. xjrat

xjrat Premium Member

My wife is looking to go to school in South Bend Indiana and I was wondering
    what the CCW laws are like? She will be working on her PHD in history so we are
    looking for schools outside of California and we are hoping to find a gun friendly place
    that has the right program for her.
    Thanks

2. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

check the NRA list for that answer. Doesn't seem like many are from Indiana....Don't know what programs are like here in Florida, but its as friendly as it gets.... :lol: My nieces husband is a grad of Air Force acad. and is looking for a grad program in history too. But he's looking in the wrong state.....Yale... :think: I think that's Conn. a gun unfriendly state..........But ANYWHERE almost would be better then California..... :lol:

3. Fireof59

Fireof59 New Member

Have her get an Out-Of-State CCW from FL. Should be able to get it where you are. I got my tng for my FL CCW in NV.
    They have reciprocity with IN as well as 20 something other states)

4. nalioth

nalioth New Member

Should your wife become a resident, Indiana now has lifetime CCW permits.

5. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

xjrat, I live in the SB area. Indiana is very gun friendly. As nalioth mentioned, we have the option of a lifetime handgun license. Silencers are legal and there is a very active shooting community with numerous private and public indoor and outdoor ranges. During the warmer months a local instructor runs very good and inexpensive programs three evenings a week: plate shooting, intermediate defensive pistol, and advanced defensive three gun. There are several gun shops in the area, two of which have large selections and compete fiercely with each other (I work at one of these stores). SB has a law banning "high capacity" magazines but I have been told this is overridden by a state law that prohibits such restrictions. Either way, I have not heard of anyone getting into trouble because they were carrying a mag with more than ten rounds.

PM me if you want to know more. I will let you know where I work.

6. xjrat

xjrat Premium Member

Thanks guys however we may now be looking at Kansas City MO. or KS.
    any one know about the ccw in either MO or KS? Oh the joys of picking a
    university :? Who knows where we will end up by the time it's all over
    I just hope its a gun friendly place. I had hopped for Texas :pray: but that may not
    work. JUST as long as it ain't CALIFORNIA

7. Fireof59

Fireof59 New Member

I'm actually contracting in MO right now and my NV permit seems fine with them. They seem to accept any state permit from what I can tell. Just have to watch out for the "No Guns Allowed" signs before you enter a business. Even if spotted carrying, law says they can only ask you to leave.

Not sure bout KS