CCW course cost?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Gray_Wolf, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf New Member

How much does a CCW couse cost?

I might be able to take a Utah CCW course here in Canada, it's ~$100 USD.

2. flyandscuba

flyandscuba Guest

3. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

CCW course is a 3-4 hour course that may give you information that may be handy to know, but may not apply to Canadian law. It isn't going to teach you to shoot any better............

4. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf New Member

yes it's just a few hour course....if I take it I would be able to apply for a Utah CCW permit since IIRC it's the only state that allows non residents to get the permit... I don't expect to become a bettet shooter...

So how much does such a course cost in the US? is $100 too much?

5. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

That seems a little high...............but I'm in Florida, where they may cost $50.00 depending on where you take it.............

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Here in TX it's a 10 hour class and cost $125. You then have to send another $120 into the state.

$50-100 sounds like a steal.

7. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

utah is not the only state. Florida is another though cost more to get.

other is New Hampshire

most the classes are basic

8. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

I had 2 nights from an individual NRA instructor; second night with a deputy sheriff. Cost $50 bucks back then; and I think its in the $75-$100 range today.

9. In Michigan we have a nice set-up at a great little indoor range/gun shop that breaks into two days of instruction with a total of 4 hours of class room instruction and tests along with two hours of range time. The total cost is about $165.00 for the course and does not include ammunition and firearm.

10. Matches

Matches Guest

Here in AZ (maricopa county) a class runs about $150. I've seen cheaper classed offered outside of Maricopa and discounts for vets.

11. Seven

Seven Premium Member

Fairly standard price for the 8 hour MO required class here in central MO is $100.00.

12. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Ours was an 8 hour class, $75. It was OK, pretty basic, and intended for those with little handgun experience. No real practical firearms training, just 100 shots on paper with no pass-fail criteria unless you did something stupid. Some useful discussion of shoot-no shoot using real-world examples. A decent NRA book that you could read on your own (I haven't).

13. xjrat

xjrat Premium Member

I saw the utah ccw offered at the last gun show, I live in California so of what use would that be to me? would I be able to carry or does it just look good on paper if I apply for Ca CCW?

14. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

for traveling the Utah and Florida permits are the gold cards. Biggest two networks of recriprocaity (SP?). Both also offer non-resident permits.