carbonfiber steyr

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by nuj, Nov 30, 2007.

1. nuj

nuj New Member

hi there,
    it has been a while since i posted something here in the forum and i was just wondering if any of our moderators happen to encountered or heard / seen something about a steyr A1 model made of carbonfiber. it so happened that i was able to watch a video from HANDGUNNER magazine wherein they went inside the steyr plant and were shown a carbonfiber steyr M-A1, they didn't mentioned the caliber but definetely A1 version. i'm sorry if i cannot show you any video but will try to ask a friend who is more talented in using the computer and have it uploaded to our forum.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I certainly never heard of such a thing... :?

3. Polymer Proselyte

Polymer Proselyte New Member

Sounds interesting. My wife's Hammerli .22 target pistol has a carbon fibre slide.

It wouldn't be very good for using as a hot mold for kydex I'd imagine. Not sure how much heat it can take.

4. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

My pocket cigar case is carbon fiber. Does that count? :D

5. nuj

nuj New Member

honestly guys, i saw it on HANDGUNNER DVD video, it was a shame that the representative said that it doesn't exist makes me wonder if its just for show, how can you say it doesn't exist if it was handed to that japanese fellow. anyway, if its really carbon fiber and from what all of you wrote back, then its not that durable like polymer, no wonder glock doesnt make one even for show piece, SALAMAT ULI KAIBIGAN

6. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Philippines huh? I would rather have a dozen lumpias than a carbon fiber MA1. :)

7. Polymer Proselyte

Polymer Proselyte New Member

From what I know its a lot stronger and lighter than polymer but more brittle. I dont know if a carbon fibre receiver would flex the same as a polymer frame. Not sure about a fibre slide as it would also make it very light and probably add to muzzle flip. Still makes a nice finish. The wifes Hammerli model looked cool enough to star in 'single white female'.

8. Steyr Mannlicher is filled with mad scientist types thinking WAY outside the box. They have a tradition of leading the industry in new ideas.

The Steyr ACR and of course the Steyr AUG (1977 rifle) are all examples of that.

The Mannox finish is going to be the new industry standard as well. So it wouldn't shock me if they were playing around with carbon fiber.

Whether it will be something that will make it to production I have no idea.

9. nuj

nuj New Member

lumpia for a frame, well thats original, does it come with matching suka (vinegar) :D ,himalayas ba talaga yan pre

10. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Don't forget the calemenci juice to wash it down. Did I spell that right? And when you're in Makati, pay homage to my old house in San Lorenzo Village. :)

11. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Spent a few too many nights in the 'ho houses of Olongapo City in the Philippines, drinking San Miguel beer and whooping it up with other sailors in from the gunline off Vietnam to reload, rearm and get some R&R in Subic Bay. :mrgreen:

12. broas

broas Guest

if your loins were productive, i could find your kids for you. :twisted: hohoho.

13. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

DADDY!!!!!

14. nuj

nuj New Member

hi,
    broas kmusta hehehe, if you have time come by our house or my shop and i'll let you see the video of the said carbon fiber steyr ok bro

15. yugo308guy

yugo308guy Member

I'm curious about this Carbon Fiber Steyr. How sure are you that it wasn't just a refinished M with the Carbon Fiber finish. I have seen bunches of reinished Glocks that look like they are Carbon Fiber, but they aren't.

16. nuj

nuj New Member

hi,
    ever since i opened this topic on the carbon fiber model steyr i have been busy trying to do something about the dvd video i got, a friend of mine has been busy with it. anyway, from the looks of the video, it does look like it was made from that material

17. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

If you can upload it onto youtube.com or any other video site, I'm sure we would all like to see it. Looking forward to viewing soon. :mrgreen: