Caracal Safety Recall

Discussion in 'Caracal C and F Series' started by Okie67, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Okie67

Okie67 Member

UPS dropped off my replacement Caracal F today,haven't had a chance to really check it out yet.They installed the green fiber optic front sight and it looks good.Will compare it to my other Caracals and take a few pictures to post later.

2. Okie67

Okie67 Member

Snapped a few shots of my new Caracal F I received this week.Only difference I can see is that the inner trigger bar has changed along with a little more spring tension.Frame and internals appear to be the same as my other two Caracal pistols.Have not had the chance to completely tear it down,I will do after it has seen some range time.

[​IMG]

If the weather clears out Sunday afternoon I will take it to the range and run several hundred rounds through it.
    Lets hope Caracal has fixed their issues and people start getting their replacements soon.I was told another 2 or 3 weeks before I could send in my others.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Metal Bird

Metal Bird Member

How is the trigger feel and pull on a dry fire? No change?

4. Okie67

Okie67 Member

It feels a little heavier,just different.I will know more after a trip to the range.Trigger reset is nice very positive.

5. willieH

willieH New Member

Received my replacement F-QS today.

[​IMG]

6. Talyn

Talyn New Member

What a great turn around on this.

New goodies. Upgrades and mags!!!!

7. apvbguy

apvbguy New Member

After a few weeks of me bashing Caracal, they finally came through and the gun arrived via overnight UPS. I need to get out to the range either this afternoon or more likely tomorrow AM to put it through it's paces. At first blush the trigger is super stiff, I hope this is something that works itself out. We shall see. So for all those who have been watching this the Caracal C has returned home

8. Doc

Doc New Member

FYI: just got off the phone with Caracal; seems they've received shipments of every pistol type except for the C-Standard sight. Those of us with the C-SS will have to wait just a little longer before our boxes will go out. I was told they will also give a call before they send the boxes to make sure they're sending it to the right place. I can't wait (and I'll see if I can give up the other goodies for a fiber optic as well...).

9. apvbguy

apvbguy New Member

looking to sell my caracal qs
    prefer FLA residents, make me a sweet offer and I'll ship to your FFL

10. Inazone

Inazone Member

Any word on if new Caracals are shipping to dealers yet, or are they still in the process of getting out replacements to existing owners? I got to look at a QS (don't recall F or C) at a local shop before they sent it back for replacement for the first recall, and I really, REALLY liked it. As with the trap sights on my M9-A1, the "weirdness" of the sights appeals to me a lot, especially with a shooting-unfriendly glasses prescription.

11. jhb

jhb Member

Last I heard when recall is done, they'll start shipping to dealers, etc. Mind you I heard this 3rd hand and things seem to change allot at caracal.

12. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I got back my F today that was returned for recall work. The trigger feels about the same... maybe a little more stiff, but it does appear to be a brand new gun. Maybe it will soften up after being broken in.

13. Inazone

Inazone Member

Was yours returned for the first (drop-related?) recall? My LGS opted to simply return their in-stock Caracals and use their refund toward other guns from other manufacturers, but if the replacements are starting to ship, I'm optimistic that dealers will start seeing them - or at least be able to order them - fairly soon. I'm just guessing that if you had returned a gun early on, that put you toward the front of the list for a replacement.

14. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Yes, I got on the list a couple days after the recall was announced. I haven't taken the gun out to shoot it yet, though - I've gone back to carrying my Steyr. There is still no word on C replacements - I have one of those that needs to go back, too.

15. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy New Member

Got my replacement back---it's running strong just like the original did.

[video=youtube;rfqvdandLCA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfqvdandLCA[/video]

16. Waltherfan01

Waltherfan01 New Member

Great video! I have yet to see one of these in store.

17. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Does anyone know definitively what is different on the replacement pistols?

Recently received my replacement C9QS, and can't really determine what they changed in the design. Must be significant, however, or they would not be replacing complete pistols.

18. jhb

jhb Member

caracal said the "c's" or some of them in the serial number range........ the slides were possibly improperly heat treated and caused the break in Pakistan. i never did see an official change in design of parts statement from caracal, to correct the issue.

the drop and fire part was said the frame was out of spec and negated the drop safety feature in some pistols in the serial number range. same as above never saw an official statement as to design changes or parts changes from caracal.

just new pistols, at least in the usa market was all that was really officially said.

while these aren't official quotes, it sums what was unofficially said. that said, there never was much info given other than that, that i remember.

19. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Looking my new C9QS over and comparing it with photos of older Caracals, I do see the new trigger has an additional pin in it, so they must have changed something about the trigger safety as well.

20. 63expert

63expert New Member

Recall update - 9 Sep 2013
    Caracal Model C Pistol Product Safety Warning and Recall Notice Caracal International LLC previously instituted a recall of Caracal Model C pistols on March 28, 2013 for batch numbers from SC188- to SC222. Caracal is now issuing this recall of all Model C pistols in all markets, following the completion of a full investigation. Caracal is initiating this voluntary recall of Model C pistols because the safety of its customers is paramount. This recall affects all Model C pistols, including but not limited to those with serial numbers which start with the following letters: HM, AA, AD, AG, CA, CB, CC, CD, CE, CF, CG, CH, CI, CJ, CK, CL, CM, CN, CP, CR and CS. If you own or have access to a Caracal Model C pistol, PLEASE DO NOT LOAD OR FIRE YOUR PISTOL. Please contact Caracal customer care immediately to arrange to have your Model C pistol returned. Caracal will provide you with a full refund of the purchase price of your Caracal Model C pistol or vouchers for other Caracal products. Unfortunately, the potential safety issues cannot be addressed through a repair of the Model C pistol and all Model C pistol’s must be returned for refund.
    Step 1 - Please contact customer care in accordance with the below details and provide your name, address, telephone number and details of your purchase. For USA Customers Contact us at +205-655-7050 or [email protected] For International Customers Additional numbers will be published shortly; however please contact us on [email protected] in the interim.

If you have sold or transferred your Caracal Model C pistol to any other person, we ask you to please contact us in any event and provide us with
    the name and contact information for the person to whom you sold any Model C Pistol so that we may also notify that person of this recall.Step 2 Customer care will contact you to arrange for a refund in accordance with the above. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause and thank you for your patience and cooperation.