Caracal Safety Recall

Discussion in 'Caracal C and F Series' started by Okie67, Oct 19, 2012.

1. apvbguy

apvbguy New Member

Re: Caracal Saftey Recall

if someone can get in touch with mr bubits make him aware that I would be willing to go over everything about the incident if he felt it would be helpful.

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

What's the latest on this recall?

The link at the top of the SteyrClub banner is dead.

I contacted Caracal only a few days after the recall was announced, and have yet to hear back from anyone.

Are other Caracal owners having similar experiences?

3. Doc

Doc New Member

From the posts at Caracalforum.com, it seems that they've started sending out shipping boxes for the pistols to be refunded. Though the stated target for sending out shipping for the replacement/refurbished pistols is in a month or two, I highly doubt they will meet that deadline.

I, for one, will allow for Caracal to fix my gun when they get around to it, but I will continue to happily shoot it in the meantime. The thing shoots too well for me to give it up over a potentially flawed drop safety.

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Same thing babj - last I heard, I was "on the list". No contact from them since...

5. Talyn

Talyn New Member

I tried to get a hold of Jeff from bigshooterist seeing as caracal sends him stuff to try, I figured he'd know, but he didn't get back with me.
    Channel has gotten a bit too big so, hard to get him now.

6. Metal Bird

Metal Bird Member

I called about 3 weeks ago to get on the replacement list. As already mentioned, She said that they are currently sending out boxes for the return for refund people and then they are waiting until they have all the replacement guns in stock and on hand from overseas before they start issuing replacements so as to minimize that turn around time. At that time she estimated that as being around now ... but I doubt that.
    I am in no hurry, I enjoy my gun as is!

7. Okie67

Okie67 Member

I talked to them twice now and decided to keep mine a little longer.This might take several weeks to get done or months who knows.But in the mean time I'm going to keep shooting mine.:thumbsup:

8. Deluxe247

Deluxe247 Supporting Member

Fixed the link. Thanks for the heads up.

-D

9. willieH

willieH New Member

FYI - Jan 10th Update

I just spoke to the Caracal rep regarding the recall. I had a question about repairing the WW stamped guns instead of replacement. She said repairs are done in the UAE, take up to 6 months and the WW frame is replaced as part of the protocol. I was hoping to keep the WW stamp just because it was in limited quanities, but I'll have my guns replaced now.

A shipment of replacement guns have been received and are waiting for customs clearance. Shipping boxes will be sent once these guns are in-hand. The rep also said they will close down their office while attending SHOT Show and anticipated replacement guns being mailed sometime in February.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  10. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

If anyone hears from Caracal or otherwise learns that the shipment of replacement pistols has been received, please post that information here!

I am very eager to get my replacement CQS!

11. Doc

Doc New Member

I read that the imported replacements are currently going through customs. Reported ETA is March.

12. Metal Bird

Metal Bird Member

Sweet! They are going to Customize our new replacements guns right off the bat for us!

:eek:

13. Doc

Doc New Member

Who could say no to such a deal? haha

14. apvbguy

apvbguy New Member

latest update, I am the guy who had the gun that caused the recall, yesterday Caracal posted on Facebook that the guns would start shipping soon. Since I have heard nothing from them since they took my gun back I gave them a call, after a little huffing and puffing I finally got through to someone who could assist me. I let him know my circumstances and being that they announced that guns would be going out I felt that I deserved to be #1 on the list of people who receive their replacement guns, and to their credit they agreed, I hope to receive the gun in the next few days, I will update.

15. Doc

Doc New Member

I think you may have been jumped already... there is a poster on caracalforum.com that states he already received his replacement box. Of course, I cannot attest to the truth of the statement, so who knows? At any rate, I'm excited for the new pistols to start rolling out!

16. Okie67

Okie67 Member

As I have posted on the Caracal forum earlier today.I got to speak with the lady at Caracal and she told me they had only received 500 pistols.The boxes should be getting shipped out next week sometime.Seems nobody can get the truth from Caracal,every phone call I make gets me a different answer.Maybe by next week some of us will get lucky and can return their pistol for a new one.
    BUT I wouldn't cross my fingers!

17. apvbguy

apvbguy New Member

maybe you don't understand, they had my pistol from the start because that was the one that caused the recall, I don't need a box

18. Doc

Doc New Member

Nope, that went right over my head. Whoops!

19. jhb

jhb Member

Let's cross our fingers and hope these new replacements don't have the slides that break.;)

Actually its good some progress is finally happening. Been too long imho.

20. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I'm just glad they didn't scoop up everyones' guns with a promise to spin this around in 4 weeks or something, only to have it drag on. The only thing that would be worse than waiting is waiting without your gun.