Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Re: Caracal Saftey Recall

I just found out that I was not the first to have a dropped caracal gun discharge, another person in FLA had it happen about a week before I did.

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts

It will be interesting to see what the root cause of this failure mode is. I'm glad that they're taking quick action to resolve the problem.

·
Registered
513 Posts

wow, see what I started!
yes Sir. glad i decided to "retire" mine from carry, after you gave us the warning....until we heard back and looks like we heard back.

guess we can assume it's faulty/defective part(s) not the design....since it's got a range of serial numbers....although anyone know if this recall is pulling back the entire range of serial numbers?

·
Registered
142 Posts

yes Sir. glad i decided to "retire" mine from carry, after you gave us the warning....until we heard back and looks like we heard back.

guess we can assume it's faulty/defective part(s) not the design....since it's got a range of serial numbers....although anyone know if this recall is pulling back the entire range of serial numbers?
apparently the trigger safety is not working right, I've been told that I am not the only one with a similar malfunction, I don't know if that is true or not but it does make me wonder if caracal was aware of this before I started to publicize it.
as an aside last night I saw the recall notice on this forum and I went onto the caracal facebook page and they had not posted the recall notice there so I did, less than a few minutes later they posted the official notice, they are being very reactive versus being proactive. and I still don't have my replacement gun!

·
Registered
513 Posts

apparently the trigger safety is not working right, I've been told that I am not the only one with a similar malfunction, I don't know if that is true or not but it does make me wonder if caracal was aware of this before I started to publicize it.
very possible, they knew. then again maybe your gun made the issue/problem obvious, or verified what they suspected as the issue and you got the recall ball rolling? we'll never know though.

i personally thank you and give you a pat on the back.....cause you and the other malfunction gun from florida likely saved a life or more.

as an aside last night I saw the recall notice on this forum and I went onto the caracal facebook page and they had not posted the recall notice there so I did, less than a few minutes later they posted the official notice, they are being very reactive versus being proactive. and I still don't have my replacement gun!

wow. hopefully they are just a bit behind, and playing catch up. i expect now that the recall is out they will pull it together.

makes me wonder if they have no new gun to send that isn't under the recall?

·
Registered
142 Posts

makes me wonder if they have no new gun to send that isn't under the recall?
I am giving them the benefit of the doubt and thinking the same thing, but I shouldn't need to call them, they should've let me know that there will be a delay, Jeff told me last monday that they were sending me a gun right away.

·
Registered
513 Posts

Finally got home and checked my f. Its in the recall so email sent off.

Anyone here who's cat isn't in the recall?

·
Registered
142 Posts

Finally got home and checked my f. Its in the recall so email sent off.

Anyone here who's cat isn't in the recall?
I think it involves the entire US inventory

·
Registered
142 Posts

My Caracal has to go back too.
I think just about all the caracal guns sold in the US need to go back, this is a good thing, it might save someone from injury or ever a fatality.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts

I think just about all the caracal guns sold in the US need to go back, this is a good thing, it might save someone from injury or ever a fatality.
I suspect the number of Caracals that actually exhibit this undocumented feature is probably quite low, but Caracal wants to inspect each and every one to be sure.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts

Hiya babs* :)

What do you mean by "undocumented feature"?

Just curious, Bro. <shrug>

Take care. :thumbsup:

Wulf <-- tryin' ta wrap 'is noggin' 'round a Caracal "undocumented feature"

I suspect the number of Caracals that actually exhibit this undocumented feature is probably quite low....

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts

Hiya babs* :)

What do you mean by "undocumented feature"?

Just curious, Bro. <shrug>

Take care. :thumbsup:

Wulf <-- tryin' ta wrap 'is noggin' 'round a Caracal "undocumented feature"
Hi-Ya Wulf!

Glad to see you still posting here. :)

Maybe it has been too long since I last posted....

'Undocumented Feature' = Sarcasm.

I have requested more detailed information from Caracal...

·
Registered
27 Posts

I picked up my new C this morning, took it to a local steel shoot on the way home. Gent I know says.. "hey I just read there's a recall on those guns!" I thought it was just some good-natured ribbing :bs: ... then he swore it was true and said, "you gotta let me shoot it before you send it back!"

I'll send the email in a few minutes my SAI marked F and Waffen Werks C are both on the list.

Ooofaa

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts

Can a Moderator PLEASE edit the title of this thread???

'Safety' is misspelled, and it is drivin' me nuts!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts