Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally made up my mind to get one. Will be EDC if it is as reliable as reputed. I need to choose between F and C, normal sights.
Size is not an issue. Trigger reset is. I prefer shorter reset. Can you guide me as to if the F really has a trigger reset as bad as sometimes reported?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Finally made up my mind to get one. Will be EDC if it is as reliable as reputed. I need to choose between F and C, normal sights.
Size is not an issue. Trigger reset is. I prefer shorter reset. Can you guide me as to if the F really has a trigger reset as bad as sometimes reported?
Where are you reading that it has a long/bad reset? :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yeah, who said the Caracal had a bad trigger?

The only people I see bashing Caracals or Steyrs are glock tards.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I wasn't being anything; I really am interested in reading where it says this.. I have no opinion against whoever said it or anything, I just want to read it for myself :)

it's that black and white!

·
Registered
467 Posts
I own both and neither one has had issues with trigger reset.Keep in mind I dont do any competitive shooting so my opinion might not mean much.Got over 1.5k rounds through my F with no malfunctions of any kind.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I get the message!
I never read anyone reporting his problem, only have read people asking others if their F has a trigger reset issue! Including in the reviews on this forum. It will replace my CZ75 P07 Duty.

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
I own both and neither one has had issues with trigger reset.Keep in mind I dont do any competitive shooting so my opinion might not mean much.Got over 1.5k rounds through my F with no malfunctions of any kind.

Ditto on all of that. The F is more fun, but the C is a LOT more pleasant to carry, and you're hardly giving up anything with the smaller pistol.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I get the message!
I never read anyone reporting his problem, only have read people asking others if their F has a trigger reset issue! Including in the reviews on this forum. It will replace my CZ75 P07 Duty.
I don't think there is an "issue", coolbox, and I wasn't sending any message! I truly just wanted to read what others thought about the reset.

My only complaint is that the reset is slightly longer than that of the Steyr's. Otherwise, it is a great pistol!

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Glock trigger stroke is about 12mm (stock pistols I have shot), the trigger resets between 7mm and 8mm.

The trigger stroke on my Caracal is about 7mm, it resets at 7mm.

Hence, if someone is used to a reset at 2/3- 3/4 of the trigger stroke then the Caracal reset at 1/1, is perceived "long" even though the length of stroke is the same, or less.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the F and C models and the trigger action is the same on each. Including the reset. I love the Caracal trigger.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally got a Caracal C, and shot below on different days.

Distance: 25 Mtrs
Technique: two hand hold (right hand primary), deliberate fire, standing
Ammo: Chinese Red Box 311, 115gr.

One shot was my mistake, otherwise I think reasonably accurate from 25mtrs. In fact, I would say very good accuracy actually by SD standards. Rest depends on the shooter. Since I shot it after using the TS, the 'acceptable' trigger needed some getting used to! Infact, I almost do not want to shoot any gun other than my TS or SAO Shadow. There is just no fun in it anymore. This gun, by the way, has a very decent 4.5 lb (approx) trigger, which is very very acceptable to most specially in SD/HD, but perhaps I have lost the touch for them.

Below was this Sunday, and is a bit better. However, it was easier to shoot more accurately with the P07 Duty. I could make 3 groups out of 4 similar to below, in Caracal, it is about 2 out 5 so far. May be some more trigger time will improve it. I have only shot 80 rounds so far, and 125 rounds combined have gone through this weapon, chinese and S&B, no issues.

I would like to do a proper review and comparison with the P07 Duty, but have a few important projects taking up much of my time these days (once complete, they would be worth the wait too!).

For now, I am really happy that I got a Glock replacement in one seventh the cost (in Pakistan, Glock costs $ 3500, Steyr $2500, this costed $700). And I like it for what it is too, not just that it is a cheaper replacement for Glock or any other weapon. Thank you all for the advises.

·
Registered
513 Posts
For now, I am really happy that I got a Glock replacement in one seventh the cost (in Pakistan, Glock costs $ 3500, Steyr $2500, this costed $700). And I like it for what it is too, not just that it is a cheaper replacement for Glock or any other weapon. Thank you all for the advises.
this is in american or usa dollars? thank you Sir.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts