Caracal F trigger

Discussion in 'Caracal C and F Series' started by mrar15, Apr 14, 2012.

1. mrar15

mrar15 New Member

Saw a Caracal F today at a gun show in Dallas. While the trigger is diffinitely lighter than the M9; however, I don't like movement of the slide when the trigger is pulled. I was planning to get a Caracal C but all they have is a Full side for $469. The fit and finish of this gun, based on the sample I saw, is not quite up to Steyr M9 standard. I might get a Steyr S9 or C9 to go with my M9 instead ;).

2. blueorison

blueorison Member

Huh? The slide moves?

Thanks for sharing :)

I've shot the F and C models. The early models.... won't talk about that.

I'm sure they have fixed whatever needed to be fixed.

3. ExMAchina

ExMAchina New Member

Slide should not move.

4. mrar15

mrar15 New Member

I was dissappoint too when this happen. It seems to move up a little before the trigger break. I wonder what this will do to the accuracy...

5. ExMAchina

ExMAchina New Member

since it shoots safely it's not taking the gun out of battery, therefore the lockup should be the same and the accuracy should not be affected

6. Okie67

Okie67 Member

The movement is very minor, I wouldnt worry about it since all mine shoot great with no accuracy issues.Caracal makes a great pistol I wouldnt hesitate to buy another...

7. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Weird, I just checked my C and F and neither pistol's slide moves when I pull the trigger...

8. mrar15

mrar15 New Member

Syntax360, I noticed you are from around Dallas area as well. Did you by any chances went to show at Market Hall last weekend. The Caracal F I was playing with is on display at SAW's table. Again, I was very much sold on the Caracal C after reading all the review I can find on the web but after playing with the F, I'm not so sure now.

9. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I did not. If you're ever planning on being around Arlington on a weekend, drop me a PM - you're welcome to try my compact or fullsize and decide for yourself whether Caracal works for you.

10. mrar15

mrar15 New Member

Thanks for the offer Syntax360, I will keep that in mind. As seen in your avatar, you might be interest in this event at Elmfork on April 28. I had a FE PPQ and looking around for a silencer, so I won't be missing this event :)

http://silencersarelegal.com/legalshoot/

11. Hollis

Hollis New Member

I just checked my trigger/ slide movement and there wasn't any. I truly believe that the Caracalla trigger can best be appreciated in lightness and reset when live firing, not dry firing at a show/gun shop.

12. blueorison

blueorison Member

Glock slides and many other polymer pistol slides have "movement" as the trigger is depressed. This is not so much movement as it is "tightening" or the tension that is formed from the mechanisms at work.

13. Nightrider

Nightrider New Member