Caracal F Review

Discussion in 'Caracal C and F Series' started by Syntax360, Nov 4, 2010.

1. TheMadAxeman

TheMadAxeman New Member

Syntax360: Excellent, they're much better at handling transfers than orders ($20 fee here).

2. firewire

firewire New Member

I noticed in the IDEX video that the take down required the user to partially pull the slide back with one hand and then grip the buttons near the trigger. Is there a video out showing this procedure in full? Actually showing someone taking the slide off as recommended?

[video=youtube;Qwccqe7E_8o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwccqe7E_8o&feature=player_embedded[/video]

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I thought Deluxe247 might have demonstrated this in his Caracal C review video...? I can tell you for sure that the user is not "required" to pull back on the slide as you describe - I never have. I just pull down on the "wings" and push the slide forward - it actually sort-of springs forward.

I (finally) hit 1,100 flawless rounds w/o clean or lube this weekend. I'm probably going to get some dirty disassembly pics up this week. I'm still trying to decide if I should clean it, or just keep going until it chokes or until I can't touch it without getting powder residue all over me...

What do you guys think - clean, or keep on going?

4. firewire

firewire New Member

5. Il Cattivo

Il Cattivo New Member

:drool: You know what's coming...keep going, keep going!

Well, I should ask - does it feel like it's getting gunky? Perhaps more importantly, does it look like you're getting any gunk buildup in or just in front of the chamber?

6. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

While you're at it, give it a bath in bayou mud like they did the AK in "Sons of Guns." All you'll have to do is lightly clean the chamber, right?

Sorry, I'm being mean. There's a difference in precision between a Caracal and an AK - a major difference. No mud bath necessary, just shoot it 'til it can't shoot no more.

7. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Just in case anyone wanted to see what the internals of this gun look like (dirty), I decided to snap up a few shots. We're just over 1,000 rounds now (of mostly junk Silver Bear)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see a little bit of finish wear on the slide rails... I wonder if this would occur if the gun was "properly lubricated" along the way?

8. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It really does seem like a straight-forward design - I really wish I had more ready access to facilities to properly test this thing. I guess I could just show up to the range with buckets of mud one Saturday morning... :lol:

9. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would like to tear the whole thing apart - roll pins and all - and snap some shots, but I'm afraid that's going to have to wait until I've officially decided to clean the thing.

10. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's been a great little gun so far. Besides the very weird slide-lock issues it exhibits with all Winchester Ranger loads we've tried, this gun has chugged along 100%. I do hope the brand takes off so these guns will become a little more pervasive in the gunshow scene - anyone who loves the Steyr M(A1) series really needs to get their hands on Bubits latest design.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  11. Il Cattivo

Il Cattivo New Member

That doesn't look too bad for 1100 rounds with no love!

12. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

I agree! (hmm are the icons working?)

13. oneseven

oneseven New Member

caracal.jpg caracal 2.jpg caracal 3.jpg caracal 4.jpg caracal 5.jpg caracal.jpg caracal 2.jpg caracal 3.jpg caracal 4.jpg caracal 5.jpg

excited on getting to fire my caracal F and testing it in competition, i embarked with it last weekend....AND FROM THE BOX, it fared completely excellent...NO JAMS and accurate. The only thing I had to hone up on are the sights...being accustomed to the dawson precision sights fitted on my g17 gen4 which i usually compete with in IPSC contests, I really had a hard time aligning the two dots....one on the front sight and the other at the rear.

i immediately had the front sights changed with a thinner mount fitted with a slim fiber optic....and i am now dry firing it

14. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

What do you think of the trigger, especially since you are coming from Glock? Have you ever owned a Sig? The sighting systems are very similar.

15. oneseven

oneseven New Member

sorry for the late reply sir....nope,never had a SIG....i really am so much in love with my caracal...so very different from my glock whose trigger has somewhat of a slack unlike the caracal which is really smooth and crisp.....i compete in the production division of IPSC and the first shot should be 5lbs....but with the caracal,i do not feel the 5.1lbs pull!

and most important....NO FELT RECOIL! it is as if i am shooting with a cal22 ammo...

16. oneseven

oneseven New Member

i had my left palm nicked though with the sharp protrusion on the caracal magazine...got it i am sure while changing magazines in a course of fire.....

am now happy with the sights of my caracal....almost identical to the dawson precision competition sights on my g17 gen 4.....getting used to it at this time....

FROM THE PHILIPPINES, hail to Wilhelmn Bubit....and of course to his innovative design

17. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Yes, be careful! That magazine design definitely has some inherent risk of cutting the user.

18. oneseven

oneseven New Member

i have remedied the problem sir....i rounded off the top part of the protrusion on the magazine...the sharp edge is now gone and it still functions perfectly.....

19. coolbox

coolbox New Member

How would you compare the trigger of an F with a C?
    Reset, pretravel and pull weight etc?
    Just curious.

20. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

The two sizes use the same trigger assembly parts - I don't think you will experience any variation outside of what could be expected from two different machines of the same model.