Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

New to the forum and I'm impressed. Lots of great Caracal information here; I'm just hoping to add another point of view.

I've had these guns for about 3 weeks and I only wish I had them longer. Accuracy-great. Reliability-great. Ease of maintenance--great. Ergos---great for me. I really don't have a bad thing to say about these firearms. Some people bash them due to political reasons but I'm not a politician; I'm a shooter.

Here's a video review of some shooting, chronograph tests, and a tabletop review/discussion of the guns.

[video=youtube;RcILzQIObeI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcILzQIObeI&feature=g-upl[/video]

Chronograph data

Caracal F:

124gr +p HSTs--1132fps. 353 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle.
124gr HSTs--1096fps. 331 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle.
115gr Rangers---1102fps. 310 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle

Caracal C:

124gr +p HSTs--1127fps. 350 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle.
124gr HSTs--1071fps. 316 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle.
115gr Rangers--1072fps. 304 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Noticeable difference on video in muzzle climb with the C over the F.

Action target for the win.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your kind words. I'm working on making the reviews better so if you have suggestions, please let me know. I'll have a few more out this week or next. Keep shooting and making that steel ring!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Awesome review of the Caracals. I agree completely about being a shooter & not getting political. Your review was really well done one of the better ones I've watched.
I'm getting mine hopefully this week. Thanks for the great review !!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Noticeable difference on video in muzzle climb with the C over the F.
The light on the F probably tamed the climb.

Regarding the slide stop--agree that it's too pronounced. The SS the only negative I have to say against my Caracal C at this point--I'll hit it and prevent slide lock every three or four magazines. Would like a slimmer stop.

·
Registered
632 Posts
The light on the F probably tamed the climb.

Regarding the slide stop--agree that it's too pronounced. The SS the only negative I have to say against my Caracal C at this point--I'll hit it and prevent slide lock every three or four magazines. Would like a slimmer stop.
I generally think it's a training issue when it comes to the slide stop unless it's sticking out like a sore thumb. I always end up hitting mine because of my high grip and the steyr has a really slender slide stop.

This is the first gun I've had this issue with, but this is also one of my first really low bore axes guns I've shot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts