Can Steyr C9-A1 swap slides with S40-A1?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by swtwc, Feb 24, 2013.

1. swtwc

swtwc New Member

Can Steyr C9-A1 swap slides with S40-A1? Since the C9 is a S9 with a larger magazine grip can it swap slides? I know the S9 and S40 can swap and M9 and M40 can swap. There doesn't seem to be a swap for the C9. Is there one coming maybe?

2. 73sbVert

73sbVert Member

I'm not for sure, but I'm pretty confident that the C and S slides and barrels will interchange much like the M and C magazines will.

3. swtwc

swtwc New Member

Thank you. I am so torn between the M and C series. I really want the C series compact but really like the long grip and magazine. Just need to know for sure. I am a big fan of the .40 round but like to have 9mm for the wife.

4. Branth

Branth New Member

The C series is actually an M-sized grip with a S-sized barrel. The S is the one with the shortened grip.

As for caliber, I have the C9, and recoil is negligible, and it comes right back down on target. A lot of users say that the .40 feels like a 9 would usually feel due to the superior ergonomics and very low bore axis, so if you could take the wife to test-fire one, she may be perfectly comfortable with the .40. I still went with the 9 just because of ammo cost and availability, but of course 9mm ammo and components are impossible to find nowadays anyway.