Can anyone help me with a broken trigger assembly ?

Discussion in 'Maintenance / Tweaks / Technical Difficulties / So' started by midtnshooter, Nov 10, 2007.

1. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

Well hello All,

I have spent the last week in Canton Ohio and while I was here, I decided to go to the local range for some fun. While I was there (ready to shoot off 500 rounds) I broke a piece off my trigger assembly :x :x . Does anyone have one for sale, can it be fixed, or am I going to have to send it off. I would rather just buy a new one and install it myself. Below it the part/piece that broke off.

[​IMG]

Thanks All,
    MTS

2. IrkedCitizen

IrkedCitizen New Member

Might want to get this moved to a different section for more answers. But I think you'll probably end up having to ship it in to SAI. Sucks that it broke.

3. midtnshooter

Yeah I was thinking that, but I know that most people go to the PUB, before the Maint. Tweaks, etc room. I have a match the first part of December. The last thing I want to do is to borrow some of my Glock Teammates Pistols. I talk a lot of scat when we shoot (to make them fold).

Signed,

Sleepless in Seatle (Wait wrong movie/title)

Signed,

Pissed-in-Canton

Thanks,
    MTS

4. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

maybe someone local can 'loan' you their 'action carrier' for the shoot???

maybe SAI can get yours repaired b4 then....

M or M-A1?

let me know....

Maybe I can loan ya one of mine....

Please tell us, how did ya break it???

5. midtnshooter

All I did was a lot of double taps. No drops or miss handling. The break is a clean break. Strange. I went threw a few dozen rounds (about three mags) and then the trigger went dead. Similar to when you dry fire and pull the trigger again without racking the slide. I ejected the mag and cleared the round. Second and third attempt same problem. I then removed the trigger assembly only to find a small piece fall out.

I went to a local gun store to see if they had a good CCW for when I am up here, but their gunsmith told me that he could order a new part. I felt like telling him, "You can, really?", but my manners told him.... "so can I". I did out sell a Steyr over a "newbies" first choice of a revolver (I felt bad about that, but his needs demanded it) and a Glock (no regrets here). The saleman said he was unfamilar with the manufacturer. I looked at him, like YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME (you know the look).

Thank you all for the part loaners you offered.

Oh yeah, another great story. My head instructor asked me Friday if I wanted to go to the range this weekend. I explained that my pistol was DOA, but he offered his Springfield, Ruger and S&W M&P. Sounds great so far, huh :D ?

Not so fast there buddy....... We arrived this morning/afternoon ready to throw lead down range. I went threw about two mags, only to have the power shut off by the down pour and a bad arial transformer. :evil:

It wasn't my weekend to get my practice in. Two days of attempted range time with ZERO positive outcome.

Murphy's Law 1 , MidTNShooter 0. :oops:

Well, that's life I guess. My next trip will Always consist of two pistols.

See Yall Later,
    MTS

6. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

SAI will need to replace the part.

turn around time will be super fast. certainly before the first week of december.

if you're very concerned about shooting and not very concerned about using the manual safety, you can remove the manual safety lever by pushing in it's retaining/pivot pin and assemble the weapon as normal.

this is how A1 series are. those ears are present on the sub-frame but no manual lever is installed and subsequently, the plastic frame does not have the notch cut into the top of the trigger area.

it will run fine without the manual safety.

7. midtnshooter

Customer Service in the Dictionary= Jeff and SteyrArms

I talked with Jeff earlier today (super nice) and he said send the whole pistol in so he can test and tune it after the repair. I contacted Gander Mountain here in Canton Ohio (the only FFL I found open on Veterans Day) who will send it immediately. My local FFL (Guns and Leather in Tennessee) faxed in their license for return. Jeff said the turn around is basically "no time".

The stop watch is ticking, but my patience is pretty good. Let me know when you are sending money for a pizza party. I volunteered before, but let me buy them a case of high-end beer to go along with the pies.

Yooooooo Hoooooooo, Big Smile on my face :D :D . After this weekend, any news is good news !

Take Care All and Many Thanks Again for ALL of your help !!!

MTS

8. midtnshooter

All Steyr Newbies.....Please Read This !! My "Sticky&q

.For the newbies (no disrespect, but you are) or soon to be newby waiting to buy their first Steyr. Rest assured about it's quality and most of all service. I sent my pistol back to Jeff on Monday. Today my pistol was returned fully tested and shining new. Jeff was really helpful and answered my emails immediately. I posted a "follow up" in the forum about sending them a pizza lunch. These guys did it all for free, no hassles and would take the time to talk with me if I asked for it. Actually it was Jeff that called me. I sent the first email from my company's server (cell number,etc attached in the message) and he called me back quickly. Their service was lightning quick and cheap ( $0.00).

Thank you guys. This one is for you ! [​IMG]

Take Care,
    MTS