Steyr Club Forums banner

C9A1... er, why? What am I missing here?

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Talyn 
#1 ·
I've been thinking about a C9A1, but I just took the time to compare an M9A1 and an S9A1 side by side, and I was left wondering why?

The S9 slide is just barely shorter than the M9... but the shorter grip makes it much easier to carry concealed. With the full sized grip and almost the full sized slide, I don't see why the C9 makes that much sense... why not just stick with the M9A1?

I have never actually handled one, so maybe I'm missing something here.

Someone unmuddy the water for me!

#2 ·
I'm not sure about the actual slide length differences between the M and the C.

It's not like waving around a hand cannon though compared to some longer barreled firearms and I find it very easy to conceal.

#3 ·
I think the C9-A1 is ideal. S&W did this years ago with their 5943/5903 SSV series (short slide versions). The Springfield XDM has the 3.8 with full grip. Listening to a friend who carried a subcompact and was involved in a gunfight, his take away point was he is switching to a full size grip, cause he said he almost didn't his subcompact out. That changed my thinking. I am currently looking to trade my S9-A1 for a C9-A1.

I think eventually someone very innovative will come out with a totally convertible gun, wherein you could change the configurations to your hearts desire. e.g. long slide sub grip, short slide long grip etc... There have been hints that this may be what Bubits is working on and several posts hinting at such. I can only hope!

Best,
Dave

#4 ·
I think the C9-A1 is ideal. S&W did this years ago with their 5943/5903 SSV series (short slide versions). The Springfield XDM has the 3.8 with full grip. Listening to a friend who carried a subcompact and was involved in a gunfight, his take away point was he is switching to a full size grip, cause he said he almost didn't his subcompact out. That changed my thinking. I am currently looking to trade my S9-A1 for a C9-A1.

I think eventually someone very innovative will come out with a totally convertible gun, wherein you could change the configurations to your hearts desire. e.g. long slide sub grip, short slide long grip etc... There have been hints that this may be what Bubits is working on and several posts hinting at such. I can only hope!

Best,
Dave
Yeah, if your going to carry a sub compact, you have to train a lot with it due to the size of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.