Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to stop off and discuss my new C9-A2 MF and its first 100 rounds.

About me: I am the lead instructor at one of the largest shooting ranges in a several state area. I shoot a large amount of pistol, although less than the 50,000 rounds a year I shot before the ammo shortage.

I have owned every generation of Steyr pistol in this line. I still fondly remember the safety system of the original m9 and how much I liked that idea. A shame to see it die.

Things that got better:
  1. The grip. Whoo. That thing is awesome.
  2. Accuracy: I have several 1 hole groups from this pistol at 10m.
  3. Magazines: They feel like they were made better for sure
  4. Brass to the face: I has only done that once.
Things that are mostly the same in a not great way:
  1. I find the sight picture difficult. When I HYPER focus on it I can get good accuracy, but its pretty easy to get some misses.
  2. No night sights (I would love to have triangle night sights)
  3. No optics cut. It is the era of optics cuts, and I use the heck out of optics on pistols.
  4. Holsters. Man. There ain't none!
The only notable things that occurred during my first 500 rounds was 1 light primer strike and 1 casing nailing me in the head. Oh, and the rear sight coming loose. It slides into its dovetail tight but once its in there it rattles around if the screw backs off.

The slide around the front ejection port area for sure is getting the crap beat out if it with brass. Not sure if that is normal or not.

My plan at this point is to send it off for a Holosun 507 cut, as it is one of the most accurate pistols of this size I have seen and I feel it might really do well with a red dot for sights.

·
Super Moderator
254 Posts
Love to see a picture of the brass impact to compare to mine. I would love some night sights as well but so far no go. Always do the cheap custom pain job I guess. Where are you going for optics cut? I believe the 507 is similar to the rmr placement? Also if you want a holster ready to go I would try doubleclick. TnSteyr/ case is on the forum and he has a code for some money off. I think he posted it in Tn Steyr thread. Also black trident makes some nice qls / blade options but it gets expensive coming from Austria and double click is USA made. Nice write up and welcome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paradigm I think was the company. That said, I’m getting way more brass-to-face out of the gun. This is why the last ones went back to Steyr and then were sold - so shall it be with this one.

I had REALLY hoped they had that problem nailed down. I can’t have a self defense pistol eject a casing directly into my eyeballs.

·
Super Moderator
254 Posts
My A1 did but haven’t had an issue with it in the A2. Any chance I can get a picture of your extractor?

·
Super Moderator
254 Posts
No worries, this is one of my fears that the A2 redesign of the extractor will have the same issue as the A1.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts