C9-A1 + Viridian C5L

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Branth, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Branth

Branth New Member

So, I read the article on Steyr's website on the C series pistols, and kinda fell in love, which led to me buying my very own Steyr several months ago. That article paired it up with a Viridian C5L light/laser combo, and after some reading, I really like the sound of the green laser, and I just got the money for one of those yesterday. It's currently in the mail, and I'm very excited to try it out.

Does anyone else use the Viridian? Any thoughts on performance, battery life, durability, or anything like that?

2. roberev

roberev New Member

I have it on my M40-A1 and love it. It is my nightstand combo. The green laser is plenty bright day or night and the battery life is good. The activation switch is easily located near your trigger and is ambidextrous. It also was easy to sight in.

I plan to get a second one for my
    Glock 32.

Rob

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3. stvan

stvan New Member

Take great care when putting the battery cap on so you don't strip the threads, the cap is alum and the compartment is poly. If you cross thread it, it will not work properly, but I read that Viridian will fix it for free for your lifetime. Mine works great on my SA XDM compact 3.8 in 9mm.

4. Branth

Branth New Member

Yeah, I already noticed the battery compartment thing after I started cross-threading a bit. I'll have to be careful.

Personally, I found the button is about a quarter inch too far forward for me to be able to hit it with my index finger without shifting my firing grip. As it is, I have to shift it just a bit sideways in my hand to work the button with my trigger finger. When I take a two-handed grip, though, my support hand thumb is right on the button.

5. Dax

Dax New Member

I fully endorse Viridian. I also own the C5L. Batteries are available at a local drugstore, I got two for 15 bucks and haven't opened them yet. They have multiple options for how it turns on when you hit the button, so you can make it just the laser, just the light, both, strobe effect, etc. I also would say that if you plan to carry IWB, look into Cleveland's Holsters. If you plan for OWB, the Blade-Tech is a solid choice. :)

Dax

6. Branth

Branth New Member

Where do I find the info for the Blade-Tech with the C5L? I couldn't find it on their website...

Also, I'm thinking of molding one or two kydex holsters myself. Maybe something really simple and easy to take on and off for IWB. Any suggestions on mounting hardware, or tips on molding Kydex with a tac light?

7. Dax

Dax New Member

You can call Blade-Tech directly, or personally I would say message Amy from Blade-Tech here on SteyrClub. She can direct you in the right places. The Steyr S9 has the same length as the C9, so they just use that measurement for it. (Which is why I suggest you message her. I have the level 2 tactical holster from them for OWB carrying. As for molding with Kydex...no clue. That is why I was happy to pay Blade-Tech and Cleveland's Holsters to make my holsters for me. :) I know that the user Tayln has molded some, if memory serves.

Dax

8. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

Sorry guys, Amy isn't with BladeTech anymore. We do have a replacement for the SteyrClub, still using the same email.

9. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Tessa is the new Blade-Tech rep on the forum - her username is BladeTech. I seem to recall the Viridian being an unsupported laser/light for their holsters, but Tessa could confirm.

10. Dax

Dax New Member

They support the Viridian. I had to order the S9 holster with Viridan C5L. It is a level 2 tactical holster. It fits my Steyr nicely :) I did have to phone it in, I haven't looked at the website to see if they have updated the Steyr selection. But as an owner of one, I can confirm they do (or at least did) make it. :)