Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many of you watch your own video's, but it's painful for me to watch some of mine, and this might be one of them.

It's a bunch of clips edited together from my tear down and re-assembly.
I spent time tinkering and studying parts.

This isn't a public video, so I need to see if I dicked anything up or did anything dumb that the Anti Gun morons would come at me for.

Only thing I noticed is when I was testing it with the snap caps after Re-Assembly, I stopped pulling my finger out of the trigger guard, but took my finger off the trigger.

http://youtu.be/cnAaiuXkdJI

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Aww, all the C9-A1 guys are hiding.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Nice job. Enjoyed the tear down tutorial. Thanks for sharing with us.

Guess someone should ask a mod nicely to change the name of this forum from m&s to m&c&s?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks JHB. I am just trying to make sure I didn't do anything silly that the gun gripers will get after me about.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great Video! C9-A1 guys unite!....The C9-a1 is my new EDC and we are spreading the love in this area as much as possible......maybe at some point we can get a section on the forum :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Thanks JHB. I am just trying to make sure I didn't do anything silly that the gun gripers will get after me about.
truth be told i was focused on how to disassemble the pistol so i wasn't paying attention for gun handling no-no's, even though your post asked us to do just that. sorry.

nothing jumped out at me since you made it very clear the gun was unloaded and basically were taking it apart. not doing a target point and shoot video.

i'd have to re-watch for just that to give a better critique..... will try when i get some time later on....

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
truth be told i was focused on how to disassemble the pistol so i wasn't paying attention for gun handling no-no's, even though your post asked us to do just that. sorry.

nothing jumped out at me since you made it very clear the gun was unloaded and basically were taking it apart. not doing a target point and shoot video.

i'd have to re-watch for just that to give a better critique..... will try when i get some time later on....
There are just some really crappy people on youtube that like to cause problems. Plus as gun owners, we have to try and always set good examples for handling and such for the idiots out there who don't know better.

I made the video public though seeing as it got 23 views from in here and nobody said anything.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great Video! C9-A1 guys unite!....The C9-a1 is my new EDC and we are spreading the love in this area as much as possible......maybe at some point we can get a section on the forum :)
It's all I got. If I could get some mad youtube monies, there would be a caracal F on follow up, or a L9-A1.

·
Registered
513 Posts
There are just some really crappy people on youtube that like to cause problems. Plus as gun owners, we have to try and always set good examples for handling and such for the idiots out there who don't know better.

I made the video public though seeing as it got 23 views from in here and nobody said anything.
Understood. I re-watched. I saw, from what I could tell, gun pointed in a safe direction. Loaded mag removed and chamber checked before the trigger pull for breakdown. All in all I saw no failures of following at least the cardinal rule of gun handling.......gun pointed in a safe direction. Assuming your guinea pigs cage wasn't sitting to the left where the gun was pointed most of the video.;) if some anti gunner gets on you about gun safety failure.....they are digging, imho.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Understood. I re-watched. I saw, from what I could tell, gun pointed in a safe direction. Loaded mag removed and chamber checked before the trigger pull for breakdown. All in all I saw no failures of following at least the cardinal rule of gun handling.......gun pointed in a safe direction. Assuming your guinea pigs cage wasn't sitting to the left where the gun was pointed most of the video.;) if some anti gunner gets on you about gun safety failure.....they are digging, imho.
Thanks buddy. Only thing to the left was my expensive guitar.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Everyone is a critic. Good job with the videos, Talyn. Ignore the BS. :cheers:
I need to start tagging my video's at the end like Robbaz.
"like and favorite this shit, become a viking today!"

haha.

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Let me teach you the secret to MAD YT monies...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c-03SuI4Co&feature=share&list=UUzDsl476ZYmKF0QKKmeJkyA
That one has made over $300 thus far... ;)

However, all the ones of her shooting normally, go nowhere. T&A, and / or utter ridiculousness are the only way you are going to bank on YT.
Unfortunately, I'm not going to stoop to that to make money on youtube.

Not that it's a bad thing, but I'ma be true to myself.

We had a debate on it in another forum one time. Lots of respectable gun guys don't think it's "cool" and I agree with them.
Unless it falls under my philosophy for my channel, then it's a no.

When I take my hot Ginger out to show her how to shoot, then possibly you'll see it.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Ginger, the Guinea Pig? Watch and make sure the middle claw is outside the trigger guard. If it's another Ginger all together, my apologies.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ginger, the Guinea Pig? Watch and make sure the middle claw is outside the trigger guard. If it's another Ginger all together, my apologies.
Haha.

No, the other Ginger.

Ginger is actually the name of my Old guini pig. There is one video of him on my stream.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts