C9-A1 or M9-A1...

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by Senshi, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Senshi

Senshi New Member

I’m planning on purchasing one. I want it versatile, as a home defense & possible conceal carry. Is the the “C” accurate & concealable. Is the “M” too large for concealed carry. I realize I’m asking a lot. That’s why I’m buying the Steyr...

2. Joemb

Joemb Member

The C and M are virtually identical in concealment and accuracy. The only difference is the C is about 1/2 an inch shorter up front. The M isn't any harder to concealed carry than a Glock 19.. The S models are the most concealable since they are shorter in length and grip height.

If you want the most versatility, I'd go with the S9-A1. It's smaller for concealed carry but for home defense, you can keep 17+1 in it with a full size mag/grip extension.

3. Senshi

Senshi New Member

I thought the “S” was a single stack???

4. Joemb

Joemb Member

Nope. The S models are double stack also.
    One more option would be to reduce the grip on a M to the S size. That way you keep the extra sight radius, barrel length etc.. but have the ability to be more concealable.

5. Senshi

Senshi New Member

Your initial suggestion sounds better. So, I could carry, an extra 17 round clip, plus the 10 in the “S”? Is the “S” as accurate & smooth firing as the “C & M”s? Does the grip, accommodate the pinky finger? I appreciate your expertise...

6. Joemb

Joemb Member

Yep that's correct. I don't notice a difference in accuracy between my S9-A1 and M9-A1. They both seem equal in fit and finish. They both have very low muzzle flip and manageable recoil. Same sights, internal chassis, trigger etc. The S comes with a steel guiderod while the other models are polymer.
    Unless you have REALLY big hands, then your pinky should fit. If possible, I would hold/shoot them both and compare to see what's best for you.

7. Senshi

Senshi New Member

Given I’m 5’7” and a whopping 140#: I think the S, will do nicely. I was smitten by the 15 or 17 load capacity. Now knowing the Steyr interchanges like the Glock. I’m stoked over the S. Especially given the steel guide rod, which will not have to be traded out. Again, thank you sir...