buying a new m40/9 a1

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by rco1988, Nov 4, 2012.

1. rco1988

rco1988 New Member

Hi guys, I'm planning on buying a new m40 a1 or the m9 a1 (haven't decided on chambering yet). But during my first look at shops in the area, they only had the s9-a1. I went to another gun shop to test the the m and am happy with the overall feel. The first shop told me that they could have it delivered for $539. This price is similar to that on buds gun shop. I am concerned about getting the newest model with the updates. The dealer told me that they could only get the current production models. Long story short I am wondering if this is true or if its kind of a crap shoot. Also if anybody has experience with ordering on buds gun shop please let me know.

2. jhb

jhb Member

If your dealer is ordering from sai...far as I know they only have the newest......stock doesn't sit around long from sai the importer. There are some grey market older style stuff that cabelas got their hands on. Not sure who imported that stock, but just ask your dealer to get from sai and you should be good.

I've ordered from buds. Worked fine. They seem to be good fellows from my dealings. they could have older stock...id doubt it but other than calling them and hoping the person on the phone knows what they are talking about....its still a potential risk.

email xthexheadx....here on the forum. hes an ffl and knows the steyr line....im sure he can get you what you want and ship ot to your ffl dealer. no risk doing it that way....just a thought.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012

3. rco1988

rco1988 New Member

awesome. thanks for the response!

4. Talyn

Talyn New Member

Easiest to deal with Head on getting one if you want to get what you want for a good price and are not worrying about supporting local gun dealers.