Steyr Club Forums banner
13K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Talyn 
#1 ·
Looking over the internet, there is some information as to Mr. Bubits' designs etc. I am curious as to what his actual contributions were to the Glock design. Did he design the thing from the ground up, or just some of the features. One website says he was responsible for the Gen 3 design i.e. finger grooves. Does anyone have accurate info?

Thanks,

Dave

#4 ·
Hi
Sorry to say he is not any guns designer.
I met with him personally & asks some technical question, he is nice person,
He's a hobby shooter who at one time worked for Glock, and was also a uniformed officer and later a plainclothes officer.
members.cox.net/guntraining/steyr.htm
Mr. GLOCK designed the pistol not Mr. Bubits. Bubits worked for GLOCK for a while. He also admitted after leaving Steyr that the GLOCK was still a better pistol.

#5 ·
Pretty bold statements do you mean to say the Wilhelm doesn't design guns? IF that is your intention we have some people who would care to argue that I'm sure

#13 ·
Not sure how I apply or got roped in as some sort of source of info?? to this discussion, other than being a fan of Mr. Bubits work and contributions.

I'm no expert, nor a historian, so I have no input other than as far as I know Mr. Bubits designed a few pistols and had some input on the glock. How much input on the glocks, I have no idea.

That's all I got, now I'm back to more reading...thanks.;)

#14 ·
http://www.pakguns.com/member.php?861-Skeeter60
Wilhelm Bubit is a retired police officer. He used to TEST FIRE GLOCKS and has nothing to do with the design, Glock was designed by Gaston Glock in consultation with armed forces and police officers.
Please google the glock history.
Please do tell me if you can find Bubit had any thing to do with glock other than test firing.

jhb It's kind from you to join us :), you said:

http://www.pakguns.com/member.php?14002-jhb
I found nada to put Wilhelm Bubits into the Glock mix anymore than being on the board in Austria that picks firearms for military use at some point in the 1980's. Guess the myth that Mr. Bubits had more involvement in the Glock 17 stops here.
:salute:

#16 · (Edited)
http://www.pakguns.com/member.php?861-Skeeter60
Wilhelm Bubit is a retired police officer. He used to TEST FIRE GLOCKS and has nothing to do with the design, Glock was designed by Gaston Glock in consultation with armed forces and police officers.
Please google the glock history.
Please do tell me if you can find Bubit had any thing to do with glock other than test firing.

jhb It's kind from you to join us :), you said:

http://www.pakguns.com/member.php?14002-jhb
I found nada to put Wilhelm Bubits into the Glock mix anymore than being on the board in Austria that picks firearms for military use at some point in the 1980's. Guess the myth that Mr. Bubits had more involvement in the Glock 17 stops here.
:salute:

ahh, i was wondering how you pulled me into this. not that i need to explain myself, but since you cross forum dragged me into this, guess i might as well.......

my mistake was that i believed what i read over there for a moment, by a senior over there, and that what he said was a fact.......i never claimed to be the smartest. if your read all my posts in that thread i said Mr. Bubits designed the caracal and walther pps, and i thought had some involvement other than shooting the glock 17, etc. not quoting myself as i'm going by memory on that thread. all that said.....i did look around after that thread and didn't find any real info on the glock 17 and Mr. Bubits. which that whole post was about, design work on the glock 17.

never was my comments saying Mr. Bubits didn't design any pistols. you seriously misunderstood me. i'll take blame for that as i'm not a good communicator.

Wulf straightened me out privately on this forum via pm on Mr. Bubits involvement in glock, and going by memory as i'm too lazy to look up exact quotes, Mr. Bubits did design and/or had direct input on the glock 21 .45acp version.

hope this clears this up....

i'm back to reading again.:)

edit part: nice to see ya' over here, Sir....good bunch of well versed fellows here, excluding myself of course.:)

#17 ·
Any how I have nothing against Bubit personally,
I said before he is nice person.

I 'am still holding my possession. It's easy to copy & past.
I don't believe there is anything "revolutionary" about the Caracal.
Only thing I want people know is the truth & facts.
As have been said: (you cannot judge the truth by men, know the truth, you will know the men).

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/arkady-shipunov-and-the-gsh-18-pistol/

#18 ·
Any how I have nothing against Bubit personally,
I said before he is nice person.

I 'am still holding my possession. It's easy to copy & past.
I don't believe there is anything "revolutionary" about the Caracal.
Only thing I want people know is the truth & facts.
As have been said: (you cannot judge the truth by men, know the truth, you will know the men).

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/arkady-shipunov-and-the-gsh-18-pistol/
I have to ask. What pistol design in the last 75-100 years has been revolutionary??? As far as I can tell all of them are a rehash of things Browning and other early gun designers pioneered or outright invented, merely packaged in different combinations. Trying to over exaggerate a comparison by saying it is not Revolutionary is not a true comparison when there have been not real revelations for 100 years! Please.

Also saying that a Glock is revolutionary because it is made of plastic is a faulty argument. The Plastic itself was revolutionary. Not the pistol design in and of itself..

Materials can be revolutionary. Gun designs? Not so much.

#19 ·
Apparently people don't have a clue how "designing" things work.

People don't really design stuff by themselves when they have a large company.

You bring in other designers and consult and improve.

Sometimes people head projects and sometimes people are just consulted on the projects.

To say that only one person has designed every glock pistol is just absurd and ignorant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.