BT cups question

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by doctordoctor, Jan 22, 2013.

1. doctordoctor

doctordoctor New Member

So I am still waiting for my Steyr Ma1 40S&W to show up... but it should be here by V-day just in time to impress the wifey.. I mean sneak it into my gun safe without her noticing. So my evil Twin has all of our Steyr goods and received all of the BT's goodies I purchased. So anyhow according to my brother... he says the triggers are less crisp and "feel worse" with the new cups versus the standard clip... He says the trigger feels better and has a lighter pull without the cups. He measured the pull at 4 pounds with the new cups and 3.5 without.... Not being able to feel this or test it myself i have to take him at his word. Any thoughts? Oh he tried the new striker springs on 3 of the 5 guns and it was a no go on them. says he couldn't even get the striker to release.

Dr.B :drool:

2. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

Hmmm, not what I've experienced on an older M40-A1, but it might be so on the new one. I have no way of comparing. Maybe some of the other Steyr owners, those with both models and a set of BT cups could weight in...

3. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya doc* :)

Has your twin visited BT's Glide Rite install video?

And what are the date codes for the "3 of te 5 guns"?

Let's troubleshoot a bit, shall we?

Wulf :popcorn:

4. doctordoctor

doctordoctor New Member

I have asked them repeatedly for the numbers but they have not gotten back to me... Let me investigate further and I will get back to you. Sounded weird to me, so that is why I thought I would ask the experts! BT is an awesome guy and makes great products! I will return and report when I can.

5. Riogrande481

Riogrande481 Member

I have one of the PW Arms Frankenstein-M9 you can find at Cabela's. If you do not know this is a M9-A1 that has been made up of A1 and non-A1 parts. They have the old style slide with the loaded chamber indicator.

I did the whole BT thing on this gun and made a silk purse from the proverbial sow's ear. I installed the cups, replacing the metal retainer ring that I had tried to polish up. I did the full internal polish and installed the replacement striker spring. Aside from having to tinker with the spring to get the pistol to reset, everything worked great.

Having done all this I fail to see how the installation of the cups and/or spring could result in anything but an improvement, even in one of the newer guns.

6. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Thanx for the post, Rio* :thumbsup:

That's what this website is all about!

Wulf <-- diggs the input from Club Bros! [​IMG]