Broken trigger transfer bar on my M-9

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Doctor_Death, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Doctor_Death

Doctor_Death Guest

Hey guys, just wondering how many have had problems with issues like this. I have both the M-9 and S-40, and each has been thru roughly 2-3k rounds. I'm hoping maybe this was a fluke. Jeff at SAI seems like a nice guy and will have my pistol back in a couple of weeks. I've never had a serious, gun out of comission problem with any of my other handguns as of yet. I was considering using my s-40 as a carry piece; but now I am a little leary. Any advice / suggestions? I have had Steyrs for years now (love them dearly) and used to post regularly with many of you on GT before the move. I kept having registration problems and finally gave up until now.

2. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

i've never heard of a broken trigger bar. can't imagine what would have caused it.

all mechanical devices can fail. steyrs don't usually.

tell us what jeff says might have caused it if you find out.

3. Doctor_Death

Doctor_Death Guest

Sending pistol in next week....

I will be sending my M-9 out to Jeff and SAI sometime next week. I wanted to do it this week; but way too much homework! Anyhow, I will send a letter with it seeing if they can figure out why the trigger transfer bar broke. I don't see any other problems that would / could have caused the problem. Maybe just a bad part that escaped the qualilty control people... Anyhow I will post SAI's reason for failure if they figure it out.