Brass-to-the-face FIX

Discussion in 'Maintenance / Tweaks / Technical Difficulties / So' started by brenmor2, Aug 25, 2017.

1. brenmor2

brenmor2 New Member

Hey all, I had the same problem most of you do with my L9-A1, even after 500 rounds of a variety of bullet weights. True, it likes the hotter stuff but I bought it for plinking. Thus, I made a steel guide rod and used a variable 14 lb 1911 spring (NOT the plunger spring which I tried first and absolutely does NOT work). Sure as the pope defecates in the woods, it started to consistently eject brass in the 3-4 o'clock direction. The factory spring is too heavy for typical yankee loads and thus the flacid ejection pattern. I suspect this is due to 9mm chamber c.i.p pressure testing standards being 10,000 psi higher than SAAMI (implying that, on average, they rock hotter ammo across the pond). All I had were the variable type but you should be able to tune it to your loads with something in the 14lb weight range.
    All the best

2. brenmor2

brenmor2 New Member

I made a spare rod (it was the first one off to prove the code) if anyone with an L9 with similar problems wants it.

3. Rich1126

Rich1126 New Member

Where did you get your 14lb spring from?