Brass-to-the-face FIX

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by brenmor2, Aug 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. brenmor2

brenmor2 New Member

Hey all, I had the same problem most of you do with my L9-A1, even after 500 rounds of a variety of bullet weights. True, it likes the hotter stuff but I bought it for plinking. Thus, I made a steel guide rod and used a variable 14 lb 1911 spring (NOT the plunger spring which I tried first and absolutely does NOT work). Sure as the pope defecates in the woods, it started to consistently eject brass in the 3-4 o'clock direction. The factory spring is too heavy for typical yankee loads and thus the flacid ejection pattern. I suspect this is due to 9mm chamber c.i.p pressure testing standards being 10,000 psi higher than SAAMI (implying that, on average, they rock hotter ammo across the pond). All I had were the variable type but you should be able to tune it to your loads with something in the 14lb weight range.
    All the best

2. T-5

T-5 New Member

Thank you for the info.
    I have a m9a1 and maybe I can find a 1911 variable spring lying around that I can use. I did install the upgraded extractor kit also and it is much much better so now I guess I just like the idea of trying to get the awesome m9a1 to function a little bit better.

3. brenmor2

brenmor2 New Member

You're welcome. I'm using wolff springs from brownells.

4. T-5

T-5 New Member