Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Jeff, Congratulations on your performance in the CC. I had a couple of friends competing also and was sorry I couldn't make it this year. I contend, as you do, that the Steyr is one of the most underrated pistols on the market today. I have shot mine in two nationals. multiple state and local matches and never felt handicapped against the "others."

Do you have your application in for the nationals? If you do, we need to get you in the same squad as my wife and I so we can have all the Steyr pistols in one place. I look forward to meeting you in the future.

· Registered
173 Posts
I agree that Kydex holsters are harder on the finish of the gun than leather. Anyplace the kydex directly contacts the firearm with show finish damage very quickly. I have used Kydex exclusively since 2001 and have seen wear on tenifer, blueing, and teflon.

The Tripp finish is the only thing I have found that resists the wear of kydex. I have over 6,000 rounds through my M9 since having it chromed and it is showing no wear at all. Next one to go to Tripp is my 1911.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.