bore sight

Discussion in 'Anything Else' started by sewerman, Jun 28, 2007.

1. sewerman

sewerman Premium Member

i know this may be BORING to some but are the laser bore sights on the market really worth the money?

i have finally gotten all the `stuff' together for my hobby rifle, I.E. scope, rings and mount ramp and now i'm faced with the task of mounting the scope and zeroing `in' with the least amount of frustration as possilble.

so whats the deal ?,is there a cheaper way to go with this procedure? or do i spend the cash and suck it up? :?

2. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

I borrowed one at the range when i got my new scope just to check it out. It's more of a initial sight alignment tool. You're still going to have to put some lead down range to fine tune. It might have saved me from shooting two or three rounds during the first sight in.

IMHO it's not worth the money and if you really want to play with one you could probably rent/borrow one at the range.

3. mrboma

mrboma Member

Scope Mounting

Sewer,
    I have an excellent video tutorial on mounting your scope. I cannot remember where I downloaded i from but it is the best one I have ever seen. It's about 104 megs, and if you still need it I would be willing to post it on my development server for download.
    Just let me know if you (or anyone else for that matter) would find this video usefull.
    Happy 4th to all,
    Mike

4. breechplug

breechplug Guest

Re: Scope Mounting

5. mrboma

mrboma Member

Scope Mounting

Breech,
    Here you go.
    http://www.santacruzsolutions.com/steyrclub/scope_mount_tutorial.wmv

It is a video made by Midway by the looks of it. I have searched the site for the true link and could nit find a damn thing. Midway has been good to me over the years and I wanted to see if I could find the original link.
    I give up. Hope this helps Breech,

Mike

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

John Plaster's video, "The Ultimate Rifleman" has a scope mounting demo by [Ted?] Jost (former gunsmith at Gunsite ranch).

7. breechplug

breechplug Guest

Thanks mr b ! I'm getting ready to mount a new scope on my T.C. Encore. Didn't mean to hijack this post. :oops: