Bloomberg "Vigilante"

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Netfotoj, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Our favorite gun-hating mayor of the Big Apple is taking a bit of heat for his gun-grabbing campaign, according to none other than the New York Times. Here's a few quotes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/04/nyregion/04guns.html?_r=1&th&emc=th&oref=slogin

Let's see, he's out on a limb even the current Democrats in power in Washington won't climb out on with him.

He's a "national gun-control vigilante.” That ought to kick-start his rumored campaign for the Presidency.

And even the Bush Justice Department has finally woke up and warned him about his "sting operations."

Virginia has outlawed his grabs, Georgia planning the same, mayors are dropping out...

Sounds like Bloomberg's gun-grab isn't exactly going too well. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :twisted:

2. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

leave it to the nuge to have a zebra striped AR. i'm glad he and zumbo made up.

i remain unconvinced that passing any gun control legislation will stop or even impede violent crime.

even if we were to agree that, "These killing machines are the weapon of choice of drug traffickers, violent youth gangs and the seriously deranged bent on revenge through mass murder", Senator Charles E. Schumer.

drug trafficking is illegal. youths who engage in violent gang activity are already breaking the law. no law is going to stop, "the seriously deranged bent on revenge through mass murder".

what do they expect?

three guys at a bar?...

criminal 1) "yep, it's true. i had to give up my lucrative drug running business. i can't legally buy another Ar-15 to protect my enterprise. oh well, guess i'll go run a register at KFC."

criminal 2) "yep, i understand. i was going to join a gang, but now that all the gangs comply with this newer gun legislation, it's not even cool. i mean, if the government would let me have a barrel shroud and a collapsible stock, then i'd join the gang".

potential criminal 3)

"that's nothing!!! i'm at the gun store, right? seriously deranged, okay? bent on revenge through mass murder; i mean absolutely itching!!
    i was gonna get high, but it's illegal so i didn't. but then i remembered that i can't buy a weapon suitable for my purposes. duh! i forgot the government outlawed them. how was i supposed to commit mass murder without a forward grip and a flash suppressor? so i went home and made an apple pie. put on some harry connick jr. and soaked in a bubble bath."

yeah. the world will be a better place when the lion lays peacefully with the lamb. and as soon as the government passes legislation to that effect, i'm sure the lion will get right on that.

3. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Nicely put Big T

:wink:

4. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

LOL! BT Very well said.

:)

5. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Bloomberg, Schumer, Clinton, Mark Green, Sharpton, Geez. :evil:
    Glad I'm out of NYC.

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Props to you, BT - very well put! 8)

7. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Good eye, BT, I missed this photo of Ted Nugent with his PINK zebra AR and Zumbo.

[​IMG]

8. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

9. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

10. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

i hadn't noticed it was pink!!!

good eye on you netfotoj!!

see zumbo? it's not a "black rifle" it's a PINK RIFLE.

pink never hurt anyone!!

11. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Wow, poor guy.

Thanks for the link, Net'.

12. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Bloomberg gets sued by gun dealers

Suit Against Mayor Bloomberg Can Proceed

A Judge in South Carolina yesterday rejected arguments by NYC lawyers and said that a civil suit against Mayor Michael Blowhard can move forward. This comes two months after a similar decision by a judge in Georgia. Both suits are by gun dealers that claim to have been libeled or slandered by the activist mayor.

From the NY Sun:

As we say here down South, what goes around, comes around. How ya' like them apples, Mikey boy? :mrgreen:

13. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Lets see how poor little rich-boy Marxist likes it when there is incoming. Of course, the poor taxpayer schmucks in NYC will probably have to foot the bill as usual.

14. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Back from the dead thread: Bloomberg loses a round in court in his anti-gun campaign.

Phyllis Schlafly reports a major victory for us gun nuts over Bloomberg’s anti-gun lawsuits. This time, for a change, a New York City court ruled in our favor, she reports in Appeals Court Shoots Down New York City Gun Law

As Yogi used to say, it ain't over 'til it's over. :mrgreen: