Blade-Tech Holster Wear

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by trapezium, Oct 17, 2007.

1. trapezium

trapezium New Member

I'm considering getting a Blade-Tech holster for my M9-A1. However, I'd like to know what to expect for holster wear on the finish. If any of you have used any of the Blade-Tech models, please tell me what you've noticed.

Thanks in advance.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

My M9A1 is starting to show some light wear in the front corner of the slide. It is very slight and contained to a small area - less than I would have expected. This is from regularly carrying the pistol for over a year now...

3. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Mine's got the same on the very edges of the slide bevels, and the polymer stippling is smoothing out.

I don't care, I don't own safe queens, all of my guns see work. :twisted:

4. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

I'm of the opinion at this point that most any Kydex holster is gonna show some wear on the slide. I have them from an assortment of companies CompTac, and Blade Tec and all the guns are rubbing on the hard material. But I prefer it to leather at this time. Maybe I'll change that preference in the future........

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

At least kydex usually limits the individual points of wear, while a lot of leather rigs I've seen sort of evenly distribute the wear across the entire pistol. I think most pistols will show less total wear in the long run using kydex, but Thunderbear has it right - these guns are designed to work and one must expect wear with any carry pistol over time.

6. You can always send them somewhere to have them refinished should you become unhappy at some point with the wear. You could also just purchase a new slide at some point if you wanted.

7. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Can't refinish the polymer, though..

It's a work gun. Want hotness, buy an all steel gun and keep it in a safe.

[​IMG]

8. madecov

madecov Active Member

Kydex, Leather or Nylon.
    Holster wear happens
    Friction occurs when two surfaces make contact. If you want the gun to remain perfect then keep it in the box.

My M40A1 shows very slight wear after having been drawn hundreds of times

9. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Pistols along with holsters look better with wear...