'Black Rifles'

Discussion in 'Other Rifles' started by Netfotoj, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

[​IMG]
    On his Texas ranch in February, Ted Nugent, left, showed an AR-15 rifle to Jim Zumbo, an outdoors writer.

I posted the above picture earlier in another thread and just now got around to reading the New York Times story with it. Quite interesting. As usual, the NYT writer has his panties in a wad over those menacing “black rifles.”

But Nugent summed up their popularity.

And the article has an interesting take on one of the unintended results of Clinton’s assault weapons ban, the explosion of interest in “black rifles.”

Read the whole thing if you've got the time. There's another butterbean or two in there along with the usual bucket of slop from the NYT.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/03/b...0800&en=0b7ed2aa48505bc4&ei=5087&mkt=bizlink2

The NYT even provides a handy graphic to show you how to “trick out” your “black rifle.”

2. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

The Motor City Madman gone pink?? Whoda thunk it!

3. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

I am hoping to get a DPMS AR in the next year or two... It will probably be later rather than sooner. :(

4. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

"I call them "assault" rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe
    I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting
    fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles. They tell me
    that some companies are producing assault rifles that are "tackdrivers."

Sorry, folks, in my humble opinion, these things have no place in hunting.
    We don't need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world
    with them, which is an obvious concern. I've always been comfortable with
    the statement that hunters don't use assault rifles. We've always been proud
    of our "sporting firearms."

Jim Zumbo- from his blog, comments that started a firestorm and a loss of employment for Mr. Zumbo. Maybe being pink takes them out of the realm of terrorist weapons. :roll:

Buzz

5. SELFDEFENSE

Hasta la vista, Dumbo Zumbo.
    Hard to believe that someone who spent his life around arms can be so un/misinformed.

6. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

Some old timers are just set in their ways. I suppose Ted rather have Zumbo shoot his wife's AR versus one of his.

7. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Tells you something about the kind of man Ted Nugent really is, that he reached out to Jim Zumbo when virtually every other member of Gun Nuts 'R' Us was screaming for his head on a pike.

That's being a friend when someone needs a friend. My hat's off to the Nuge, the Motor City Madman is really a softie inside when it comes to helping a brother who's down. Instead of kicking him, he lent him a hand back up.

8. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Gun Nuts 'R' Us?

Buzz

9. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I'm a proud member of Gun Nuts 'R' Us and I suspect most if not all other Steyroids are also. I'm even thinking about registering the gunnutsr.us domain and develop a site for gun nuts.

Frankly, I'm honored when someone calls me a gun nut. I 'r' one and intend to always be one.

10. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

I thinks it's hilarious!

Buzz

11. SELFDEFENSE

How about gun connoisseur?

12. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Your little girl's dream AK

Here's the AK variant of Ted Nugent's pink, tiger-striped AR, just in time for your little girl's Christmas dreams. :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

The Glambo Signature Series "Hello Kitty" HK-AK-47
    Gun carrier not included!
    [​IMG]