"black bullets" by precision bullets

Discussion in 'Ammunition and Reloading' started by hud, Sep 22, 2006.

1. hud

hud New Member

Any body ever use these bullets? I would be interested to know if they are as good as the claims. If they are, it might be a good choice for less expnsive shooting. read the articles. They even shoot them in glocks.
    http://www.precisionbullets.com/home.htm

2. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

It sounds like the moly coating bullets. I have used them in Glocks, Sig, and Kimber 45. I didn't run them long enough to tell you just how they performed in Glocks. I did have some feeding difficulties with the 40cals. I wound up loading 3or 4 to 1, with one bullet being copper to clean off the feedramp and barrel in general. That seemed to work. I wouldn't bet on using them in a Glock to the point of any build up possibility and a KB. I stopped buying them for these reasons and the cost of shipping didn't pay for the difference using copper.................my suggestion, stick with the copper.............

3. nixon

nixon Member

I tried it for 1K rounds and I'm not very pleased maybe because the powder i use does not go well with it. Not sure. I use Universal powder and W231 with Precision's 185 gr. for 40 sw. and shoot it with Para ord P16 (1911 format) and I get a perceptible (not a cloud but a recognizable trace) amount of smoke from time to time specially with the Universal. W231 was slightly better. One thing I liked was it has very little to no leading at all. Maybe you can try a couple of hundred with a powder other than what I mentioned and make your own judgment.

4. mccosgrove

mccosgrove Premium Member

I have purchased 8 cases of their bullets in both 9mm(125gr) and 45(200gr SWC and 200gr RN). I think they are great. No leading and the absense of lube on the bullets makes reloading much cleaner and easier. I do not have to tear apart my seating dies and clean them every 500 rounds. We have shot these bullets out of Glocks, HK's, 1911's, S&W 952's, Para's, and revolvers. All shot them well and the cleaning was much easier on the pistols. I would recommend these to anyone to try for yourselves.
    Mike C.

5. hud

hud New Member

Thank you

A big thank you for all that responded!

6. revchuck

revchuck Guest

I've loaded up 1k of the 185s for my M40, and they work well - good accuracy, reliable feeding and no leading. I'm running them at ~880 fps. The 9mm 147s work well in my Beretta 92 Brigadier, too.

7. ppro

ppro Guest

They are pretty good bullets and reduce fouling....but remember, these are relatively soft swaged bullets ....not the best choice for high pressure high velocity loadings...but for average 40 9 and 45 pressure loads and target loads....they will work fine. I have tried them in my 10mm Glock twenty's..... high velocity and high pressure.....mmmmmmm no.

Paul