Big Taco's Striker Spring Bushing

Discussion in 'Maintenance / Tweaks / Technical Difficulties / So' started by serac, Apr 13, 2018.

1. serac

serac New Member

This is a shout out to Big Taco. I just installed the striker spring bushing, and the already fairly-good trigger is now simply amazing.

To those considering: I was originally worried that the striker disassembly could be problematic. It is very easy. Installation of the bushing took less than five minutes. I highly recommend this mod. The trigger now breaks like an icicle.

LinzTexas, SurfGent and b_minus like this.
  2. rut3556

rut3556 New Member

I just did the above to my M9 as well, and it was pretty straightforward. While the trigger may be a bit better now I can't say it's a "night and day" transformation, but I guess that's subjective anyway. YMMV

3. serac

serac New Member

I think that perhaps this mod improved my M9 more than others. Before, my M9 would sometimes not reset the trigger (during dry or live firing). Now, it does.

4. LinzTexas

LinzTexas Member

My M9A1 out of the box had a creep and was not that great compared to the out of the box L9A1 I got last year. I just finished the spring and striker spring bushing installation in my M9A1 and I can say that the trigger improvement is SIGNIFICANT. In that pistol, it is night and day. Kudos to Big Taco.