Big Taco, your tutorial saved my heine!

Discussion in 'Maintenance / Tweaks / Technical Difficulties / So' started by yugo308guy, Dec 2, 2007.

1. yugo308guy

yugo308guy Member

Just want to give a big shout out to Big Taco, as well as this forum. The sear tutorial just saved my butt. I was trying out Big Taco's trigger tune up and putting a little more bend in spring #13. Of course, I did not read thru the whole thing first and decided I could just pull out pin #15 only, part way, to get spring #13 out, put some bend in it, then replace. Well anyone with ANY common sense would know, you wouldn't be able to put the spring back in under tension, I of course, didn't think that far ahead!

Anyways, I went back to the sear tutorial and followed the steps to properly remove and reinstall and Voila it's done! Very simple when you do it the right way. I would not hesitate to disassemble all the way again. As long as you follow the great instructions provided here it is a piece of cake!

Thanks again!

2. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Good job. What was the resultant reduction in trigger pull? Have you measured? I'd be interested in knowing how she still performs after 500,1000 rounds. Can you keep us posted? My concern is that this is a fix that will hold. Much thanks.