Bhutto assasination

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by samue23, Dec 27, 2007.

1. samue23

samue23 Member

Guys I have been watching MSNBC and it appears that the gun that may have been used to assasinate former P.M. Bhutto of Pakistan was a Steyr. They keep showing the footage of a Steyr handgun on the ground with blood everywhere, and Pakistani's pointing to it.

2. It could be, but the image quality of the video is too poor to tell for sure.

Could also be a Sigma, which I hear has been sold to Pakistani security forces.

Wouldn't be too hard though to purchase an MA1 in Malyasia or elsewhere and bring it into the country or have it find its way into the back alley shops of Pakistan.

3. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

I saw it on FoxNews as well and they were referring to it as the "murder weapon" ... so its pretty clear that Bhutto was assassinated with an M9-A1 (as I doubt it was a .40 in that part of the world).

4. srfl

srfl Guest

I saw the video footage just a few moments ago.......it did look like a Steyr MA1-series gun and not a Sigma.

5. samue23

samue23 Member

Yeah, it's pretty hard to mistake a Steyr for anything else.

6. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

I also keep hearing news reports that she was shot with a Kalashnikov ... so maybe the Steyr pistol shown belonged to a member of her security detail.

EDIT

But then there's this http://www.nation.com.pk/daily/dec-2007/28/index7.php

7. CWILLIAMS

CWILLIAMS Guest

OH MY GOSH IT LOOKS LIKE A STEYR KILLED BHUTTO

I was just loking at Anderson Cooper and it looked like a Steyr was in the hands of assasin. What a terrible day in Steyr history. Please somebody tell me I'm wrong. It looks like a Steyr M40, but definitely a Steyr, I had mine in my hands.

8. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

Re: OH MY GOSH IT LOOKS LIKE A STEYR KILLED BHUTTO

It looked like an M9-A1. Not a lot of .40s in that part of the world.

http://www.nation.com.pk/daily/dec-2007/28/index7.php (no pic).

Since Pakistan is buying AUGs to replace some of their G3s, I wouldn't be surprised to find out Steyr was also supplying some pistols to that part of the world (and I seriously doubt their quartermasters are all that secure, so I'd bet several have already walked out of storage).

9. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Or been provided via collusion. I smell a rat.

10. SteyrGB

SteyrGB New Member

[​IMG]

11. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

tag for more info

12. tlrpunk

tlrpunk New Member

I KNEW I recognized that pistol on the news yesterday, but they were throwing out all kinds of theories (AK-47 this, sniper that). I never found out if that was indeed the murder weapon.

13. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

Now on Drudge they are saying death was caused by a skull fracture.
    Her head was slammed into the edge of the sunroof by the bomb blast.
    The shots from the Tango missed, as usual :wink:

14. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

That's what Fox News is saying today, the rounds and bomb shrapnel missed her, but she fractured her skull by striking a lever used to raise the roof of the vehicle she was traveling in. She apparently hit the back of her head while trying to enter hurriedly, the report said. The impact could have also been caused by the bomb blast, who knows? Ironic that neither the rounds nor the shrapnel caused her death.

15. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Netfotoj, does your avatar depict a gangster shooting a little fat kid?

16. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Yep, the face on the gangster is King Leonidas of the Spartans from "The 300." Don't know where the rest of the movie clip is stolen from. Looks like Al Pacino doing "Scarface" but I know it's not that. Have no idea who the fat kid/midget is either. I'm about to get tired of it and change to something else. It's pretty distracting when you're trying to read what's next to it. Animated gifs are pretty annoying in general. :mrgreen:

17. fnewendaiku

fnewendaiku Guest

The picture is a compilation of a few movies.... first the gangster is Capt. Picard from Star Trek the Next Generation. One episode, he was in the holodeck and was a gangster shooting up people. The face is King Leonidas as you said. The fat kid is Chunk, from the movies The Goonies. He is doing the "truffle shuffle".

18. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

As I said, I'm getting ready to change my avatar. My 15-minute attention span is up. If anybody would like to steal it, feel free. It's on my server, but it won't be long as I'm changing domains in the next few days. Anybody that wants it, right-click on the image and save it to your computer, then upload it to image shack or somewhere so you can use it. Then send me a PM telling me you got it and I'll change my avatar and it will be all yours. :mrgreen:

19. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

As insensitive as it may be, I would love to see if that pistol still fired. Imagine all the glock fan boi's trying to recreate that "torture test"...

"Your pistol can be covered in mud, run over with a truck, and covered in sand and still fire, huh? Well mine can be blown out of the hand of a suicide bomber and still drop a magazine without a hiccup!" :lol:

20. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Here's a photo from Pakistan TV that apparently shows an assassin shooting at Bhutto:

[​IMG]

Looks more like a revolver than an auto pistol to me and sure don't look like a Steyr. Here's the story with photos.